"The Warriors" Movie 1979 Short Film

Michael Lebert

Is anyone familiar with the movie "The Warriors" filmed or released in 1979? I know they had a video game out but I don't want to play it because I know it's different than the movie. So I've watched this movie multiple times and learned a lot about the movie. I like this movie a lot. I had the idea to possibly make a short film/sequel since they didn't make a second movie. My questions are 1. Could I make a short film for this movie? 2.How do I legally do it without copyright,etc? 3.How can I set this up? (In English class I learned about stories,how there's a climax,problems,etc. I want to know how I should organize the timeline of the short film? This is at the idea and planning stage,still a lot of equipment and props to invest in. Any help is appreciated. I don't mean to break any rules,so If I did please correct me.

Edit: I've never really done short films or actual good videos besides gaming videos. I have a lot of movie/short film ideas,please explain/teach me.

1. Depends on if in your sequal you planned on using any of the original characters from the film. I don't know if using those characters would be considered breaking copyright but besides that it should be ok to make a sequal. 2. See #1 3. Just got to get together a script, maybe some friends or members of the forums to help with speaking roles and depending on if your doing a live action film or not some decent camera equipment or a nice animation program.
Hope this helps.

1. Depends on if in your sequal you planned on using any of the original characters from the film. I don't know if using those characters would be considered breaking copyright but besides that it should be ok to make a sequal. 2. See #1 3. Just got to get together a script, maybe some friends or members of the forums to help with speaking roles and depending on if your doing a live action film or not some decent camera equipment or a nice animation program.
Hope this helps.
Once I get a group of people to play the characters,and I want to give myself a role...I can make up some names or ask anyone if they want to give themselves a nickname or street name. I was thinking of getting the actual replica vests so that might be copyright though...

The vests sound like a amazing idea. What if you got vests that look the same just with some small changes like maybe putting the street names or nicknames on the back. Maybe that would get around the copyright.

The vests sound like a amazing idea. What if you got vests that look the same just with some small changes like maybe putting the street names or nicknames on the back. Maybe that would get around the copyright.
Maybe too instead of the actual vests get our own vests and make up our own name and logo then the names on the front left side or something. It could be cheaper and less legal issues but I really liked the warriors stuff which sucks in away that I dont think I can use it

Back