The Problem with Big Games Or lack of Problems

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Any popular game is going to come with a toxic community in the end. Ultimately, you've got to play something because you enjoy it. People might be quick to presume, but they'll judge you properly once they've seen you play.
I imagine most of the bigger Let's Players have played these games at some point, and it hasn't damaged them, so you do you.

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
That's one of the problems with online play, or rather, games that rely soley on online multiplayer to be popular..... Sooner or later the community moves on to something else, or the company itself shuts down the server. That's the main reason it sucks if you don't have someone to play with, you need that actual person with you do you can at least still game with him/her when the online option is gone or unavailable.

Honkie_kun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Any popular game is going to come with a toxic community in the end. Ultimately, you've got to play something because you enjoy it. People might be quick to presume, but they'll judge you properly once they've seen you play.
I imagine most of the bigger Let's Players have played these games at some point, and it hasn't damaged them, so you do you.
there is nothing wrong with that, for you are playing the game to see what makes it successful, god as much as I find him annoying in his videos, pewdiepie is a nice guy and a very modest gamer. Watch his early videos and his a bog standard normal guy. But like I said I cant see him becoming salty and toxic because of the community because he doesn't live on that game. if you breathe it.... it might be a different story[DOUBLEPOST=1449481466,1449481384][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's one of the problems with online play, or rather, games that rely soley on online multiplayer to be popular..... Sooner or later the community moves on to something else, or the company itself shuts down the server. That's the main reason it sucks if you don't have someone to play with, you need that actual person with you do you can at least still game with him/her when the online option is gone or unavailable.
yeah which is why I guess hamachi or tonggle exsist or whatever it is xD. it's just convincing someone to buy a dead game so you can play it with them :/

CaptainDelugo

Even Blackbeard is scared of me!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
People don't like to admit that the we're dolls for the game companies, we can only change this by simply not buying a game or preordering a game if it's not what we want. People should be more resistant against game companies and only support them if their games are good, and do not lack content or anything.

Honkie_kun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
People don't like to admit that the we're dolls for the game companies, we can only change this by simply not buying a game or preordering a game if it's not what we want. People should be more resistant against game companies and only support them if their games are good, and do not lack content or anything.[/QUOTI whole heartedly agree, the problem is also age ratings, children eat up games like gta and COD purely 1, they aren't allowed to play them themselfs. Two, they all want to make quickscoping montages and last they play them with there friends and constraint on their "clan" more then real life work thinking they can become like a phaze member or something. It saddens me because this is one of the reasons unemployment is up so much.

Reactions: CaptainDelugo

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Very true. Most of these Youtube gamers nowadays only get a games because they're big names and sure to get them lots of views and subs. It's like they don't buy em for fun anymore. That's the major reason they get so mad at Nintendo, because they don't let them make money off their games. If they were such big fans of say... the latest Smash Bros or Mario Kart, they'd buy it and play cause it's fun and they're fans of the franchise. Not just for views and subs and making money off of Youtube.

Honkie_kun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Very true. Most of these YouTube gamers nowadays only get a games because they're big names and sure to get them lots of views and subs. It's like they don't buy em for fun any more. That's the major reason they get so mad at Nintendo, because they don't let them make money off their games. If they were such big fans of say... the latest Smash Bros or Mario Kart, they'd buy it and play cause it's fun and they're fans of the franchise. Not just for views and subs and making money off of YouTube.
thankyou! but unfortunately the community is too forward with that, they are scared with trying new things. Back in early 2000's there was no set criteria for a first person shooter, can be slow paced, can be fast paced. Open world games you can unlock the areas or they are all unlocked. You can walk up to a level 90 monster outside the spawn area and vice versa. There was no set because the creators was free to express their ideas, its all money and popularity now. It's not about making a good game any more, its about making the "best" game in that genre.