The Power of Reddit (When Used Correctly)

OzTalksHw

I Love YTtalk
Aloha.

I just want to give some very quick advice for growing YouTubers: use reddit (but use it correctly). My post for reference is /r/hardware/comments/3snu6n/rosewill_neutron_review_miniitx_case_for_3999/

I restarted Youtube and uploaded my first video two days ago. Yesterday, I posted it to reddit. After getting 70 upvotes, I gained 5 new subscribers and now the video has almost 500 views and 10 likes.

So, like I said: use reddit. Just make sure you follow these guidelines:

• Post to a smaller sub-reddit (like under 150K subscribers) - I posted my video in /r/hardware with 80K subs
  • Don't spam - make your video a supplement. My reddit post is a long text based review and I linked my video as an OPTION for people to watch if they wanted. Don't make your video the primary, but the secondary.
    • If you are not reviewing something, make sure the caption or title is captivating. Don't post "Fallout 4 Walkthrough Part 14"...redditers don't like that. Instead, if there is a funny part in your video, link that time stamp and make the title something interesting.
    • Another way to go about posting - use gifs:
      Another tip is that if there is anything exciting or very interesting visually, convert that portion of the video to an animated gif and post that instead, placing a link to your source video in the comment section. Animated gifs do much better on Reddit than videos do. Also, if it has mass appeal, post it to r/gifs.
  • Post to many sub-reddits (if you know what you're doing). (Only do this if someone told you that you should crossover your post, or if you know what you're doing) I currently posted to 3 sub-reddits including /r/hardware and am getting positive feedback. Usually, someone will tell you to cross your post over to another sub-reddit if it is good.
I know there is a long reddit tutorial, but I wanted to do a small TL;DR from the eyes of a smaller YouTuber. REMEMBER: Half of YouTube is promotion.

:)

Last edited:
Great. Let me know how it turns out

Brogod help me out, my content is comical, relaxing and relatable. Where do you think I should post it? Like, what sub reddit?[DOUBLEPOST=1447515048,1447515012][/DOUBLEPOST]I talk about everyday life encounters that men have with women and why they are so blasphemous in the responses they give us, whether verbal or non-verbal.

Brogod help me out, my content is comical, relaxing and relatable. Where do you think I should post it? Like, what sub reddit?[DOUBLEPOST=1447515048,1447515012][/DOUBLEPOST]I talk about everyday life encounters that men have with women and why they are so blasphemous in the responses they give us, whether verbal or non-verbal.
You could try /r/OneY or /r/AskMen. Those are suggestions from quick google searches, so I would recommend researching a bit more.

I posted on /r/undertale
and i'm already almost at 100,000 views in about two weeks.

So yeah it does work but make sure its your normal content and not something just random lol

I'm in the AskMen s**t right now lmao these dudes funny man thanks for the referral I appreciate it.

- BasedCHIEFThugger

I got a bunch of great responses the first few posts I made in the r/Gotham subreddit, but then I go to the subreddit for my hometown and post a vine about my city, that was getting great responses on Facebook, and got ripped apart. I thought it was hilarious because they were all trolls, but I'm enjoying this whole Reddit thing!

I got a bunch of great responses the first few posts I made in the r/Gotham subreddit, but then I go to the subreddit for my hometown and post a vine about my city, that was getting great responses on Facebook, and got ripped apart. I thought it was hilarious because they were all trolls, but I'm enjoying this whole Reddit thing!
Yeah, it's kinda funny how that works. You honestly never know with reddit. Lol

Lmfao the people in r/AskMen are p****yboys and blocked me simply because I made a post with a topic that related to one of my YouTube videos and I had my link it in that DIRECTLY related to the question I was asking the subreddit.

Like, it's not like I spammed or anything but I'll be damned if I have to wait an entire week just to post something and then get it deleted because I ask the question:

"Has a girl ever told you she has a boyfriend even though the question you asked her had NOTHING to do with it?"

and I asked people for their scenarios and to watch my video, because in my video, I explained my scenario.

Internet p**sies can be so tough & raw behind their keyboards. I ask men a question in the AskMen subreddit, then get banned? Then, they mute me from replying to them and give me a link to /r/rant? Like, are you serious? That's how you solve problems? These dudes are sorry lmao. How do you run a reddit but you can't answer questions?

Teach me your secrets bro because apparently Reddit not for me.

Back