Kuyoyo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Don't play the games they are playing, but the ones they don't. This gives people a reason to watch your video, because it has not been done (as much) before you did it.
there is no games that Big Youtuber didnt play. lol

My nephew ever make her first video on youtube about Squishy . The title is just "HUNTING SQUISHY", without Tags & Describtion, they all empty. But 1 weeks later, her video get 200 viewers, and day by day, her video get alot of viewers, she never share the video to anyone. So, is that a Magic? without Tags or describtion mean she didnt do the SEO.

zhkopec

I've Got It
Reaction score
Youtube Promotes videos from new accounts every day. They go by Watch Time metric. If people watch your video all the way through you will be put on the suggested sidebar. Strive for videos that make people want to watch all the way through.

Few people will watch a LetsPlay of someone they don't already know.

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You share a video,it is like a spamming or not?or is that the strategy to make people watching your video? you have subs more than 1.5M
We did very little social media sharing to grow our channel. The majority of our growth came from having YouTube suggest our videos a lot. I wish I knew the secret to cracking that algorithm but I always suggest just making the best videos you can make, keep doing it for years, and hope for the best.

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
O sweetheart, you got it all wrong. That's not how Youtube works.

The search results are ranked on the amount of views and the SEO (title, tags, description). So yes, of course bigger channels, who already have a lot of subscribers and accumulate views more easily, will be higher ranked. This is not because Youtube hates the smaller channels, but because YT recommends 'good' (as in: viewed a lot and compatible with the users search terms) videos in the hope people will keep waching videos on their platform.

Ranking per newest video won't happen. You know why? Because of the lack of control. Youtube needs to know the content is good before it shows up high in the search results. The only way the AI can determine this is by looking at numbers and words (again, views and SEO). Can you imagine just getting the newest videos? That might be the worst quality videos and then people will click away, because that is not what they want to see.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but your post is just basicly whining that you are not 'big' on Youtube yet. Youtube doesn't hate anyone. Youtube is a business and an algorithm. That's just how it is.

this is my favourite start to a comment ever! "o Sweetheart" to soften the blow thats about to happen :)

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Still chuckling at this part...
Me too![DOUBLEPOST=1507763417,1507763292][/DOUBLEPOST]
We did very little social media sharing to grow our channel. The majority of our growth came from having YouTube suggest our videos a lot. I wish I knew the secret to cracking that algorithm but I always suggest just making the best videos you can make, keep doing it for years, and hope for the best.
It's funny you should say that. I've noticed this month, that my watch time has doubled, and as a result suggested is now my number 1 traffic source whereas it used to be reddit. I mean i'm not in your league, but it's certainly encouraging.

Reactions: babyteeth4

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I stopped reading after the first half.

The short explanation: YouTube would shoot themselves in the foot if they front small channels. Ads run on everything, but especially popular videos. And those popular videos are made by popular YouTubers. It's the way of the world.

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
O sweetheart, you got it all wrong. That's not how Youtube works.

The search results are ranked on the amount of views and the SEO (title, tags, description). So yes, of course bigger channels, who already have a lot of subscribers and accumulate views more easily, will be higher ranked. This is not because Youtube hates the smaller channels, but because YT recommends 'good' (as in: viewed a lot and compatible with the users search terms) videos in the hope people will keep waching videos on their platform.

Ranking per newest video won't happen. You know why? Because of the lack of control. Youtube needs to know the content is good before it shows up high in the search results. The only way the AI can determine this is by looking at numbers and words (again, views and SEO). Can you imagine just getting the newest videos? That might be the worst quality videos and then people will click away, because that is not what they want to see.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but your post is just basicly whining that you are not 'big' on Youtube yet. Youtube doesn't hate anyone. Youtube is a business and an algorithm. That's just how it is.
exactly. thoughtful explanation for him

Reactions: Dutchie Abroad

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you want to be notice, you have to make a bunch of good videos every week, tag them everywhere, spread them throughout multiple social media networks, hope some goes viral, keep the same consistency & effort, incorporate change, have creative ideas for your future videos. All in one sense... have (love):inlove: for the damn thing and be patient.