Surefire way to get subscribers - but you'll need to be proactive

Do you consider yourself an active youtube viewer, active video creator, or both?

• Total voters
Nice post, thanks.

With regards to using social media, somebody else on this forum (I can't remember who) made a very smart observation; Each social media outlet should be used for the purpose it was designed. People go to twitter to read short titbits of information, to instagram to see photos, and on facebook to get news and updates. They DONT go to any of these sites to look at videos, they go to youtube for that. If you try to promote your videos continually on all of these sites you are unlikely to get the results you are looking for. I'm guessing that the youtube you refer to is not always pushing his videos on social media?

If on the other hand you use each social media platform properly, then the people you are connected with will be more inclined to subscribe and watch your videos when they are in the mood to do so. It's a more productive, if counter-intuitive way of building your channel.

Good tips

Also I have noticed that getting your audience more involved (for instance I have invited my audience to join me in GTA sessions and all sorts) makes me seem (and I am) more of a personal youtuber. A lot of people (doesn't matter how small a youtuber you are) like to see videos where they feel as if they can get involved. :)

I just print flyers and put them on windshields at the grocery store. You get about the same results with less hassle.

I definitely think there's a skill to networking and it comes more naturally to some than others. It's not just a case of putting yourself out there, it's also doing it in a way that appears (or even better, is) genuine and doesn't appear to others as a way to get ahead. That's an interesting insight, I'd love to see him in action.

Back