Subscriber Goals

FrankenPixelGaming

Professional Introvert
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Okay, so obviously there are a lot of variables when it comes to getting subscribers/views. Branding, marketing, etc. are all important and to a certain degree luck is as well. But what about giving your viewers a reward for when you reach a certain number of subscribers/views. We've all heard of the whole PewDiePie event and his 50 million views thing. So my real topic of discussion is I suppose is this viable for someone just starting out? Like, doing a face reveal at 50 subs. Or something similar at 500 views. What're your opinions?

Zesty

Zesty Person!/Rainbow Six Youtuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Most Youtubers do Giveaways at their milestone on Youtube.

Reactions: FrankenPixelGaming

Shawn Gossman

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of challenges being done at milestones. One in particular the other day was a guy eating a Carolina Reaper (world's hottest pepper as of 2013) for getting 100,000 subs. I think doing something like that could suffice and it is very entertaining to the viewer as well. But of course people like free stuff as well.

Reactions: FrankenPixelGaming

thepaulsociety

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Okay, so obviously there are a lot of variables when it comes to getting subscribers/views. Branding, marketing, etc. are all important and to a certain degree luck is as well. But what about giving your viewers a reward for when you reach a certain number of subscribers/views. We've all heard of the whole PewDiePie event and his 50 million views thing. So my real topic of discussion is I suppose is this viable for someone just starting out? Like, doing a face reveal at 50 subs. Or something similar at 500 views. What're your opinions?
Depends on how quickly your channel is growing, if you have high exponential growth and a face reveal is in popular demand you push and tease it to gain more followers. However depending on the increase in the slope you have to figure when your audience is loosing attention based on dips and or decreased curves.

FrankenPixelGaming

Professional Introvert
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Depends on how quickly your channel is growing, if you have high exponential growth and a face reveal is in popular demand you push and tease it to gain more followers. However depending on the increase in the slope you have to figure when your audience is loosing attention based on dips and or decreased curves.
That's a fair point. It was really just a random thought I had. I can't expect a whole lot of actual channel growth after just a few days haha

Reactions: thepaulsociety

YouTubers United Podcast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think for milestones like 1,000, 10,000, 20,000 etc, it's cool to do some community building through a Q&A or an 'origin story' video, or a 'how my videos are made' type content.
I wouldn't try to artificially boost growth through a giveaway, but rather use milestone videos as a true celebration of what you've achieved and a 'thank you' to your audience for the support

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
We've all heard of the whole PewDiePie event and his 50 million views thing

Are you talking about the "gifts" he linked to in the comments below his "deleting my channel" video? They were a bunch of affiliate links to companies that he's partnered with. Every time someone fills in their email address into one of those forms and downloads a "free" game, pewdiepie earns $$$$

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think the most important thing to do is to engage your subs, so if you can do a giveaway for JUST SUBS that is great. Just make sure the giveaways are for confirmed subscribers, and not people just subscribing to try to win because they become dead subs or unsub.

HereBeBarr

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I may do a giveaway at 1,000 subs. I'm at 556 as of right now, so it could be a little while.

Penny Art

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I can say I've thought about exactly what your asking with my own channel. Face reveal is a big one for me. Only my close family and super close friends know about my channel (if you've been to my channel you'll understand why). I don't get a lot of comments on my channel yet, but I get an email at least every other day asking for my picture. I'm starting to wonder how much not showing my face is damaging the growth of my channel. Once I hit a big milestone, that's when I've considered doing a reveal.