DaRealApollo

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
**BY NO MEANS IS THIS A CRY FOR ATTENTION, JUST A QUESTION TO THE COMMUNITY**

So for months, I've been hovering around the 115 subscriber area. I'm not upset about it, I love my subscribers, but it is bothersome to see people like the untalented ZexyZek sit high and mighty at a solid 1.4 million subscribers compared to my measly 114. I was just wondering if any of you guys have been through the same thing where you've been stuck at a certain number of subscribers for months or even years. Also, what are some tips to get over this hump? It'd be fantastic if you can help out me and other people with the same problem with your tips down below.

Brinkbabe91

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Sometimes I go through slumps like this as well. Really I try not to fret over it. I just keep plugging along, and eventually I get past it.

DaRealApollo

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Sometimes I go through slumps like this as well. Really I try not to fret over it. I just keep plugging along, and eventually I get past it.
I've gotten stuck in the past once before as well. I obviously have gotten past it, but it's still nice to hear other people's opinions on the subject and what they've been through

Reactions: Brinkbabe91

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Every channel has slumps even the largest of them, you just work through it, check your analytics, improve your audience retention where you can and hopefully your videos will end up suggested soon enough :)

ChemicalScence

This Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was the same, I was stuck on about 650 subscribers for so long, they would go up then go straight back down again... it was irritating but you will wriggle out of that zone! :)

Political Junkie News

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I know how you feel. I've been posting for over 6 months now and still sit at under 100 subs. It's not that I was expecting massive growth (my production value still has a long way to go), but I did think I would get over 100 subs.
Meanwhile I've seen several crap channels with a few hundred/thousand subs. Just yesterday I posted a huge project that involved lots of research and editing. It died out. At the same time, I saw some kid had posted a video on a similar topic but with much much much less effort (dude just rambled lazily into a webcam). Nonetheless, he had more views and more interaction.
This is why it's important to enjoy what you make, and embrace the low moments as "learning experiences".

Harpuia

That "creepy" guy that makes Youtube videos.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I just broke a slump that had me at 364 for a couple days. Just work through it, and you'll eventually be ok.

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

AlexGYQ

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm currently stuck at 105, just a few days. Bothering me a little but I'm starting to get used to not caring about sub numbers and just do my thing and believing that I'll break past it!

DaRealApollo

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Meanwhile I've seen several crap channels with a few hundred/thousand subs. Just yesterday I posted a huge project that involved lots of research and editing. It died out. At the same time, I saw some kid had posted a video on a similar topic but with much much much less effort (dude just rambled lazily into a webcam). Nonetheless, he had more views and more interaction.
I know exactly what you're saying, I say these people all the time, and that is probably the most frustrating thing to see on YouTube

Harpuia

That "creepy" guy that makes Youtube videos.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I hate how I seem to get stuck at a number right before a milestone. For some reason any sub count that ends in 60-69 for me always is a slow week. XD