Danny G

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hi everyone,

So I just started my youtube channel last week and uploaded my first video 3 days ago. The channel is going to be mainly comedy.

I have been doing a lot of research on how to grow on youtube and how to gain your first 100 subscribers. I have heard that there is a snowball effect in which in most cases people go from 100-1000 subs faster than they went from 0-100 subs. I have heard from most people that even with great content (high quality, entertaining) and frequent consistent uploads it can take a few months to just get your first 100 subs.

I was wondering if anyone has some unique tips on how to grow your channel from scratch and gain your first 100 subs quickly, besides the typical tips found in most places!

Thank you so much, looking forward to hearing from you all (I'm new to this forum) :)

Last edited by a moderator:

BettinaStaana

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I totally agree! I feel that getting to my first 100 was more difficult than after the 100 -500, etc. mark.

I feel I just waited honestly for it to pass 100 and didn't do anything in particular. The normal comment on related videos and i didn't even try promoting, but I think promoting it would help a lot as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1477671487,1477671464][/DOUBLEPOST]I totally agree! I feel that getting to my first 100 was more difficult than after the 100 -500, etc. mark.

I feel I just waited honestly for it to pass 100 and didn't do anything in particular. The normal comment on related videos and i didn't even try promoting, but I think promoting it would help a lot as well.

Danny G

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I totally agree! I feel that getting to my first 100 was more difficult than after the 100 -500, etc. mark.

I feel I just waited honestly for it to pass 100 and didn't do anything in particular. The normal comment on related videos and i didn't even try promoting, but I think promoting it would help a lot as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1477671487,1477671464][/DOUBLEPOST]I totally agree! I feel that getting to my first 100 was more difficult than after the 100 -500, etc. mark.

I feel I just waited honestly for it to pass 100 and didn't do anything in particular. The normal comment on related videos and i didn't even try promoting, but I think promoting it would help a lot as well.
Thanks for replying! Do you have any promotion ideas in mind? I kinda don't want to reveal my channel to most friends and family until i have a respectable amount of subscribers.

CMTXRATED

I Is Batman
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Hi everyone,

So I just started my youtube channel last week and uploaded my first video 3 days ago. The channel is going to be mainly comedy.

I have been doing a lot of research on how to grow on youtube and how to gain your first 100 subscribers. I have heard that there is a snowball effect in which in most cases people go from 100-1000 subs faster than they went from 0-100 subs. I have heard from most people that even with great content (high quality, entertaining) and frequent consistent uploads it can take a few months to just get your first 100 subs.

I was wondering if anyone has some unique tips on how to grow your channel from scratch and gain your first 100 subs quickly, besides the typical tips found in most places!

Thank you so much, looking forward to hearing from you all (I'm new to this forum) :)
I'm trying to reach 100 at the moment! I just suggest hard work, a good looking channel and share your videos around on social medias

Reactions: itsaquagemini

BettinaStaana

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thanks for replying! Do you have any promotion ideas in mind? I kinda don't want to reveal my channel to most friends and family until i have a respectable amount of subscribers.
Yeah for me only until lately i've started posting my videos on my FB which is still really embarassing because many people don't know I have one, and I'm quite shy in real life and different so people are surprised to see me in front of a camera. I think promoting on Social media (FB, twitter, etc.) is always good but also finding similar people with similar content and collaborating and commenting, etc. it helps expose your content in a more effective way I personally think.

Andy b

I've Got It
Reaction score
There is no magic formula, record- upload- rinse and repeat. There is not really any snowball effect from hitting subs it's a myth, YouTube doesn't see you get 100 subs and then decide your worthy of a ton of traffic to your videos and in the grand scheme of things 100 subs is just a piddle in the ocean. The reason it seems quicker once you reach 100 is that you have loads more videos than you did when you was at say 10 subs and if you keep producing videos you have more working for you and bringing in new views and subscribers.

itsaquagemini

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah for me only until lately i've started posting my videos on my FB which is still really embarassing because many people don't know I have one, and I'm quite shy in real life and different so people are surprised to see me in front of a camera. I think promoting on Social media (FB, twitter, etc.) is always good but also finding similar people with similar content and collaborating and commenting, etc. it helps expose your content in a more effective way I personally think.
Man I totally feel ya on this! I was so scared to start sharing my videos on FB but I feel like it does help with the views, I started because a good friend of mine was like hey if you want to get noticed you really just gotta jump in and put yourself out there regardless on how weird or embaressing you might feel. I admit that even today I don't feel completely comfortable with it but it has helped :)

SuperNintendudez

Reaction score
I don't think there's any correlation with more subs equaling faster growth, and least not that early on. 100 in the grand scheme of things is such a small number. I think it's more experience and intelligence. After you hit 100 subs, you probably have a much better idea of what you need to do to grow your channel and make it successful, so growth will naturally be faster at that point.

I've seen a lot of channels with the opposite, where they hit 100 fast and then just stop growing. I've seen people work consistently and get stumped at around 200, or 500, or maybe around 1,000. There's no magic number where growth magically starts, except maybe somewhere around 500,000. I'd argue it's more about the work you put in, and as you get more experience, you work smarter, not harder!

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Getting 100 subs was certainly the hardest for me. It felt like forever.

JRTrax

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
I've seen a lot of channels with the opposite, where they hit 100 fast and then just stop growing. I've seen people work consistently and get stumped at around 200, or 500, or maybe around 1,000. There's no magic number where growth magically starts, except maybe somewhere around 500,000. I'd argue it's more about the work you put in, and as you get more experience, you work smarter, not harder!
Yeah. Agree. I knocked out 500 subs in a fairly short amount of time. Since then it has been a grind. Steady but slow. I tend to watch views and view times more than subs though.