Some people are too dumb to even spam properly

What do you think about this?

• Total voters

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So this morning I logged in to my YouTube channel to check my comments.

Overnight, I got about 20 approved comments which were all fine and there were 2 which were flagged as possible spam. One of the 2 possible spam comments was fine and I approved it, but the other one was someone blatantly spamming his (competing) channel to my viewers with a clickable link to his channel. I was just about to flag it for spam when I decided to click through and take a quick look at his channel. So I clicked through to his channel and got the shock of my life when I saw my custom thumbnails staring back at me on 5 of his videos!

"Luckily", the actual videos are not mine (although they are copyrighted vids from elsewhere btw), but he has stolen my thumbs and therefore misrepresenting me and my channel (as well as stealing the artwork of course)

So this guy was so dumb that he steals something from a channel and then writes a comment on that very same channel with a link back to what he has stolen.

3511d9767c96ce281df5a9a69f6b88ed5654af83fe3ca8a1b99b2d225d1ad268.jpg

(That was the easiest copyright report ever)

SMH

#Dumb

Last edited:
Oh my god. :facepalm2: I guess the (false) belief that anyone can easily make tons of money on YT by doing no work attracts a certain type of person, but this is a new low... for humanity.

Your poll :D I can't decide between the two options. I want to vote "stupid".

I guess the (false) belief that anyone can easily make tons of money on YT by doing no work attracts a certain type of person, but this is a new low... for humanity.

Yeah, it's crazy. Their channel is a week old with 6 videos, 5 of which he's stolen my thumbs. So he's going to get a very quick lesson in copyright when his channel gets 5 strikes :up:

Wow, that's silly. I think some people want to be caught...

Your thumbnails must be something else if they're the thing they want to copy over the video!

Update:

He's just uploaded another video with one of my thumbs. So that's 6 in total. :rolleyes:

I'm going to wait a couple of hours and then I'll file another report. - It's probably one of my subs (on a different account) who thought he'd like to do the same thing as me (but without the work.)

Back