Small channels TURN ADS OFF!

Uncle Eggnog

YTtalk Mad
I'm unsure if anybody feels the same as me but you see ALOT of the big youtubers have ads (obviously this is primarily their source of income) so that is understandable. What i can't understand is why small channels have ads turned on? Most videos get a few hundred or few thousands views but you are only talking of making like $1.

This is my personal opinion, i feel it's pointless to have the ads on as it turns viewers away INSTANTLY if they have to sit through ads on a small channel where the content (might) not be very appealing.

Just my opinion guys! SMALL CHANNELS TURN ADS OFF YOU WILL GET BETTER INTERACTION, RETENTION AND SHARES :)

The idea of making money on YouTube can be very enticing, but definitely agree that there should be a waiting period before monetizing. Unless you're already cranking 10k views a day off the bat, the nuisance of ads early on just isn't worth it. Personally, I did have ads early on and didn't see much of a monetary gain from it. If I could go back in time, I wouldn't have turned it on until I reached about 20k subscribers.

It's weird that you have to turn on monetization for your channel just to have custom thumbnails. When I did it, all my videos became monetized and I had to demonetize them one by one. As a small channel, and someone who hates advertising in general, I just can't see forcing people to watch ads.

It's weird that you have to turn on monetization for your channel just to have custom thumbnails. When I did it, all my videos became monetized and I had to demonetize them one by one. As a small channel, and someone who hates advertising in general, I just can't see forcing people to watch ads.

That didn't happen for me! My custom thumbnails worked fine and my videos are unmonetized!

That didn't happen for me! My custom thumbnails worked fine and my videos are unmonetized!

Do you have monetization deactivated for your whole channel or just each individual video? It was the global monetization in the settings that I had to activate before I could upload custom thumbnails.

I've heard arguments from both sides, I'm gonna turn of my ads for now and experiment a little. Hopefully I get better interaction :p

I have it on and will keep it on. I have the one that can't be skipped turned off . You'll never know when you suddenly become a hit. I've seen a few people who suddenly got a million views just after somebody posted their video on reddit. And if it does happen, I will use the money to improve my channel and content.

Back