Should I have an intro to my videos?

Maarij Bashir

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm working on new music videos and was just wondering should I still keep using my intro. I like it but I feel like it kind seems unnecessary. I think I could just do an outro of saying "thank you for watching my video".

What do you guys think?

Sinc

Mr Not That Famous
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
neither are necessary but reminding people to subscribe at the end would be recommended as people these days watch videos then just click off the page.

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If the intro is different each time, it could be interesting but in most cases I think it's better not to use it. Outro is better, you can ask them to subscribe and show a portion including link to a previous video.

Kevinsmak

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I like intro's but for me I think they have to be very brief, mine is only 3 seconds long. If they are much longer I feel people just know about how long they are and skip past it.

Spolt

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yes, the first 6-7 seconds of a video is the most important, it is what makes the viewer stay for the whole video.

Hazzador

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Not having one won't damage your channel too much, but having one definately helps

Uncle Eggnog

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Totally up to you dude if you make one don't make it TOO long or people will walk away before reaching the content :)!