SEO tips and ideas

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I've been looking and looking and been trying to figure out what are the best things to do for your search engine optimization (SEO).
A few things I know, tubebuddy is fantastic for tags and tag rankings (though I haven't fully figured it out yet), putting a well made and lengthy description with some of those tags and searches in relation to your video helps as well as a catchy title and thumbnail.
Any other ideas or expansion on these ideas would be great because I don't know what else to do!

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Catchy title and thumbnail has nothing to do with SEO.

Ciarra deBritto

Bringing your imagination to life.
Reaction score
Catchy title and thumbnail has nothing to do with SEO.
I believe title does have something to do with SEO.

Your title comes first when it comes to YouTube's search engine. If you have a relevant, specific title rather than something vague, that's what YouTube searches for! After that it's tags.

Could be wrong, tho.

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I believe title does have something to do with SEO.

Your title comes first when it comes to YouTube's search engine. If you have a relevant, specific title rather than something vague, that's what YouTube searches for! After that it's tags.

Could be wrong, tho.
Okay, I should have been more specific. He said "Catchy Title" having a catchy title doesn't help with SEO if no one searches for it -- Having a specific title people will search for and or has high search rate/low competition will help.

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Okay, I should have been more specific. He said "Catchy Title" having a catchy title doesn't help with SEO if no one searches for it -- Having a specific title people will search for and or has high search rate/low competition will help.
I guess I could have worded that better. I saw somewhere that a title that is well searched helped a lot and tags help support it (from my understanding). I just wasn't sure what else would be helpful other than those things.

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I guess I could have worded that better. I saw somewhere that a title that is well searched helped a lot and tags help support it (from my understanding). I just wasn't sure what else would be helpful other than those things.
You can use TubeBuddy to help with that, and or Google Trends etc - to try to find words that have high search-rate and lower competition.

Reactions: javacentral

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can use TubeBuddy to help with that, and or Google Trends etc - to try to find words that have high search-rate and lower competition.
Ya know, I did that for my tags but never for my title! Well, now I know what to do!