What do you guys think about self promotion in the comments section. Is a little bit ok. How about promotion on a channel that makes similar content as you. Does it help grow a channel or hurt a channel more.

It could go either way, but most people would just dislike your videos and say "kys" since most of the people on YouTube are like 12.

I recently started fighting self promotion with my own self promotion. I comment back and tell the person how sub 4 sub does not work and recommend he or she downloads my free Youtube book that teaches people how to grow. I limit each video with just one sub 4 sub spam and delete the rest. By doing this I'm hopefully educating Youtubers and any other spammer who happens to see it will potentially read my reply, and at the same time it helps me grow

I recently started fighting self promotion with my own self promotion. I comment back and tell the person how sub 4 sub does not work and recommend he or she downloads my free Youtube book that teaches people how to grow. I limit each video with just one sub 4 sub spam and delete the rest. By doing this I'm hopefully educating Youtubers and any other spammer who happens to see it will potentially read my reply, and at the same time it helps me grow
I'm talking about the promotion where someone would write a nice comment about the video, then tell everyone what his channel is about and to check it out if they want to. Not asking for sub4sub.

I'm talking about the promotion where someone would write a nice comment about the video, then tell everyone what his channel is about and to check it out if they want to. Not asking for sub4sub.

In that scenario, I thank the person for the positive feedback but I do the same thing as I mentioned above. I tell the person self promotion isn't the best way to grow your channel, blah blah blah and then I drop my link

In that scenario, I thank the person for the positive feedback but I do the same thing as I mentioned above. I tell the person self promotion isn't the best way to grow your channel, blah blah blah and then I drop my link
I've been doing it and getting hate for it but my subscriber are going up and they are active. My views are going up and some comments are good.

I usually humor them and accept the compliment, and sub them. You HAVE to make friends in order to retain views. Some of the spammiest people turned out to be my very best cheerleaders.

Back