Review my YT profile picture and channel graphic

Jonatan Moser

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hi there!

Lately I have been trying to catch the perfect expression for my channel through my channel graphic and profile picture. Now I am finally beginning to feel that I've found that, even though both instances are actually snapshots from some of my music videos. I would highly appreciate an opinion on them though, as I don't know if other people would see them too self centered or anything like that.

So would you guys mind taking two minutes out of your schedule to check out my graphic material? :-D

Thank you!

Dig

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I don't think it's self centered, I mean the channel is just you singing, there's hardly anything different going on with your artwork. So I think you've got nothing to worry about there. And I really like the banner, I think it's nice and simple, yet vibey. I don't know if it's just me though, but your name not being centered in the picture kinda irks me. If it's intentional then it's all cool, but if not you might wanna look into that.

The profile pic, however... I'm not so keen on. Again, conceptually nothing wrong with it, just you singing into what seems to be an Audio Technica mic (can't really tell 'cause the picture is small), all good, super solid stuff. But there's something really drab about it. The whole orange tint going on (I dunno if it's the lighting or some sort of a filter) kinda saps all the life out of the picture that's kinda unfocused to begin with, your face which is kinda the focal point is not really prominent at all and takes up about as much space as the mic, and the background also being a bit busy kinda detracts from the focus of the picture... Now this is all really specific, but the point is that when I glance at the picture really quickly (as say a viewer would) nothing kinda sticks out, I don't register anything going on outside of orange blurriness. And I think the reason's stated are why that's the case. So in my humble opinion I think you'll really be in business with a similar pic with a bit more focus and more life color-wise. I mean for a video snapshot the pic turned out pretty damn good, and I think if you were to mindfully take an actual picture with more controlled lighting and positioning you can easily take that from good to great.

Damn, I'm really sorry 'cause it seems that every time you make a thread I'm there to mindlessly criticize you :D Keep in mind that I'm a big fan of what you're doing, and I'm just spitballing what comes to mind to hopefully help you improve upon what is otherwise an already excellent foundation. Keep doing what you're doing, and I promise the next message I send you will be entirely positive! ;)