Review my New Animation Channel?

Jacadamia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Hey Everyone! So, uh, I just uploaded my first video yesterday after a month's worth of work on it, and feedback of any kind would be amazing!

It's an animation channel inspired by TheOdd1sOut and other youtubers in that style, however i am thinking of also making small animated shorts and reviews as well eventually.

I've already showed my family and close friends, so if i could get some anonymous feedback as well, well that'd be dandy!

Thanks!

Reactions: Lightsen

Factually True

I've Got It
Reaction score
I thought your art and animation were great and you're quite entertaining, too. Definitely add something on your home page on youtube cause right now it says "This channel doesn't have any content" and I had to click "videos" to find your video.

And good luck for college ;) I have one year of university behind me and it has been easily the best year of my life!

Jacadamia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I thought your art and animation were great and you're quite entertaining, too. Definitely add something on your home page on youtube cause right now it says "This channel doesn't have any content" and I had to click "videos" to find your video.

And good luck for college ;) I have one year of university behind me and it has been easily the best year of my life!
Wow thanks so much man! Does it really have nothing? Huh, I guess I'll have to fix that when I get home since my phone won't let me get to the full YouTube site.

And thanks! After all that, and then finally going for orientation I think I made the right choice, and I'm actually pretty excited now! Glad to hear your year was great, here's hoping mine'll be too! Thanks again!

amHOWL

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Great work managing to complete a video that long that's animated! It's a great start, I found the storytelling interesting. I've been through animation school myself and have worked in the industry for a few years now so I know what you're going through. I think if you are able to keep up the motivation to make work like this yourself you'll do just fine if you want to be an animator.

As a note though, I would say that the little skewed pop between the poses doesn't add much, especially since its the same movement every time. You might as well just straight cut to each pose or have more unique motion to go from pose to pose. When you watch the same movement over and over again it starts to become predictable and unusual. Otherwise great work, I'm also trying to find a way to do some type of limited animation and upload videos on a regular basis, its not easy for sure.

I've subscribed, look forward to seeing more!

Jacadamia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Great work managing to complete a video that long that's animated! It's a great start, I found the storytelling interesting. I've been through animation school myself and have worked in the industry for a few years now so I know what you're going through.
Ah thanks! That really means a lot, especially coming from an animator! Yeah it really is a lot of work, I've made small not-limited animations before, so I can only imagine how long it'd take to make something this long that's not limited.

I think if you are able to keep up the motivation to make work like this yourself you'll do just fine if you want to be an animator.
: -DDDDD Awesome!

As a note though, I would say that the little skewed pop between the poses doesn't add much, especially since its the same movement every time. You might as well just straight cut to each pose or have more unique motion to go from pose to pose. When you watch the same movement over and over again it starts to become predictable and unusual. Otherwise great work, I'm also trying to find a way to do some type of limited animation and upload videos on a regular basis, its not easy for sure.
hmmm yeah, I can see what you mean, and I definitely think it's a lot weirder in the earlier parts of my video than in the later half. I was trying to replicate what TheOdd1sOut does with his animations, since it kind of gives a little bit more movement and feeling of actual animation than how it would feel not doing it in my opinion. But yeah, if you really look at it closely, it kind of falls apart! I could try getting rid of the pop and see how I like it, and if you have any ideas on how to make it look better without having to draw a completely separate frame for each transition, let me know!

I've subscribed, look forward to seeing more!
Awesome!! Thanks so much! I'm going to get writing my next script today so hopefully I can record it tomorrow. The next one won't be as long, and I hope more funny as well : -]

Oh! And by the way, your channel link isn't working! [EDIT] Nevermind, just saw you fixed it!

amHOWL

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Hmm, yeah I see what you're going for with that channel you mentioned. I think the situations where the movement doesn't work for me is the close up facial expression changes, for example the shot starting at 4:01. I'm not exactly sure why, maybe the movement itself feels 'bigger' than necessary for what is actually just a subtle facial expression change. It could just be a matter of making that skewing movement smaller and more subtle for those poses.

Reactions: Jacadamia

Jacadamia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Oh wait, yeah! I totally get what you mean now, I just rewatched my video looking for weird looking parts, and yeah, the close ups were where it looked pretty wonky. Cool, now i think I know how to fix it, so I'll try out some stuff!

Thanks again for pointing that out, I probably wouldn't have fully realized until a lot later![DOUBLEPOST=1470690899,1470690855][/DOUBLEPOST]
I like it :)
Thanks dude : -]

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
that was awesome! especially for a first video! nicely paced, and i love your art style :D

Reactions: Jacadamia