Reddit or the 4th dimension ?

Bgirl Sonia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello !

I was recommended this website Reddit and on internet, it says that it is necessary to have an account to grow your YT Channel but What The Flakes ?

I am lost between tons of posts coming from nowhere. I click on a link and I am lost forever in another galaxy of links and posts.

Is it really efficient ? How do you use it ?

sadiemarie88

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have gained a great deal of views from reddit. You have to search for various related topics and then read if that community allows you to post youtube videos. There are several youtube related ones that you can post on. Though you do have to make sure that you are posting other content and not only self promoting there otherwise you could risk getting banned. Or according to what I've heard only have 10 percent of your posts self promoting posts.

chill_bro_videos

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I haven't gotten anything from Reedit. And I've posted a lot - not just my content but also contributing in conversation etc.

sadiemarie88

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I haven't gotten anything from Reedit. And I've posted a lot - not just my content but also contributing in conversation etc.
Do you post to subs that are similar to your channel in addition to youtube based ones? I sometimes post to ASMR ones, or other related topics to my channel. I'm not sure the exact amount but it seems to be one of my highest outside traffic sources.

chill_bro_videos

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you post to subs that are similar to your channel in addition to youtube based ones? I sometimes post to ASMR ones, or other related topics to my channel. I'm not sure the exact amount but it seems to be one of my highest outside traffic sources.
Oh yeah...it's really disappointing. I wish I could understand it all.

Bgirl Sonia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
same here I posted (but I admit not enough posts)
I sort of gave up because I don't understand how this site works and for the topics I wanted to share my content in, there was already few or no contribution or comments....

I think I will try again by trying to participate more (not only posting my content) but I admit that I am lost

Luscid

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
same here I posted (but I admit not enough posts)
I sort of gave up because I don't understand how this site works and for the topics I wanted to share my content in, there was already few or no contribution or comments....

I think I will try again by trying to participate more (not only posting my content) but I admit that I am lost
Just like you I started using Reddit because of my channel and at first I was like "what the f***". Now I really love it and most of my traffic comes from there. You just have to learn how it works as a community!

The first thing you should know is that most redditers hate people who just drop their content and do not contribute! So at first you should really make this your priority! Find subreddits related to your content, read the subreddits' rules (that's the first thing to do) and start engaging with the people there. You could also check Youtube related subreddits like Newtubers (my favourite) and Youtubers - people give tips, share milestone and interesting stories, ask questions, ask for feedback and give content critique! Try posting your videos on different subreddits (relevant to your content of course) but don't just copy-paste the titles - adjust them to the subreddit's topic. For example, I'm posting videos to the Psychology subreddit. I've noticed that the most upvoted posts there are those with more scientific and research oriented titles so I'm adjusting my titles accordingly ( without making them misleading). After a while you will see in which subreddits people are interested in your content and in which people just don't care or even downvote your posts. I've found 2 subreddits where I receive a lot of attention so far!

You just have to be patient and become a part of the community :)

Reactions: AprilGranelli

sledrunner31

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Reddit has actually been my main way of promoting but you have to be careful. A lot of subreddits dont like self promotion so you have to make sure to post your vids in places they will be liked. It took me awhile to find the right subs for my channel and lately I've been using other social media for promotion as well. Its certainly worth a shot.

Bgirl Sonia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
OH thanks ! I did the part when you post your video on relevant topics (I didn't just copy paste I try to participate alot)

But I have just participated the day I signed up because I thought I was wasting my time...
I am trying again to talk with the community asap with the hope to understand more ^^

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My videos have gotten a lot of attention on Reddit. I always seem to get new subscribers when my videos get posted there.
I have said this before and I will say it again Reddit is a double edged sword. It can gain you a lot of new subscribers but you can also get A LOT of s****y comments. But if you are fine with that Reddit is one of the best places to promote your videos