Reddit Feedback

Bro D

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Whats Poppin Everybody.

In an effort to do everything I can, and get my gaming and reaction videos everywhere possible I stumbled across Reddit. And I am just curious, what is everyones feedback with doing so? Has it had a positive impact on your views and subscribers? Also, is there any other websites besides instagram and twitter, that are good for marketing Gaming Videos.

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Reddit is by far the best for promotion. Definitely post in moderation, as Reddit is much more strict than other sites. Instagram isn’t very effective. Twitter is not as good as Reddit. This is all my experience.

Reactions: Bro D

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
As said, Reddit is very strict, as they get a lot of people posting their videos. They are ruthless when they feel they are being wronged in any way.
You should treat it as any other forum, but with more care. Earn their trust by posting a lot of comments before posting videos!

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As said, Reddit is very strict, as they get a lot of people posting their videos. They are ruthless when they feel they are being wronged in any way.
You should treat it as any other forum, but with more care. Earn their trust by posting a lot of comments before posting videos!
THIS. I use reddit regularly, but my niche is a bit more “forgiving” than some of the other popular subreddits, like gaming.

Create your Reddit account now and make some good, honest comments in the subreddits you plan to post in. Redditors can spot a spammer a mile away and are ruthless. Don’t give them a reason to question your motives for posting. Keep it real and honest.

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Whats Poppin Everybody.

In an effort to do everything I can, and get my gaming and reaction videos everywhere possible I stumbled across Reddit. And I am just curious, what is everyones feedback with doing so? Has it had a positive impact on your views and subscribers? Also, is there any other websites besides instagram and twitter, that are good for marketing Gaming Videos.

Reddit can be great, especially for niche or very unique videos. However, in our experience videos get pushed down / not seen because of the amount of new videos posted. More importantly Redditors are ruthless...we've had our meanest comments from there. They especially hate it if they figure out it's "your" video you post.

evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
As others have said reddit can be great for getting views, subs etc but it is sort of like playing with matches in a firework factory, its very easy to blow yourself up & find your video gains a lot of dislikes.

Having said that I have personally found it to be very helpful and its still my best source of external views :)

Bro D

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thank you everyone for all the feedback. It is much appreciated. I'm still getting used to the whole marketing and promoting your videos thing. Anything other than reddit that you guys have found work well? I have tried Twitter, but it hasn't worked out to well for me. Any tips or suggestions for promoting on Twitter and where to promote on Twitter?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm trying to use reddit to promote my channel. I finding it very difficult even to get to the 10 karma points. not all comments or posts get karma points. Guess I'll keep at it until I can post and get lots of dislikes :) as the posts above say. lol I've only got one dislike and one rude commment on 2600 views. but I'm small time.[DOUBLEPOST=1507837031,1507836903][/DOUBLEPOST]I wish I could post on yttalk as I accidently ask people to reveiw my latest video and my post got taken down within one hour as I didn't know the rules. But in that hour I got like 100 views and a lot of good critism. I'll have to keep at it on yttalk as well, as I find youtube is not directing traffic to my channel.

FleXiNaToR

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm trying to use reddit to promote my channel. I finding it very difficult even to get to the 10 karma points. not all comments or posts get karma points. Guess I'll keep at it until I can post and get lots of dislikes :) as the posts above say. lol I've only got one dislike and one rude commment on 2600 views. but I'm small time.[DOUBLEPOST=1507837031,1507836903][/DOUBLEPOST]I wish I could post on yttalk as I accidently ask people to reveiw my latest video and my post got taken down within one hour as I didn't know the rules. But in that hour I got like 100 views and a lot of good critism. I'll have to keep at it on yttalk as well, as I find youtube is not directing traffic to my channel.
Redditors hate self promotion and they will look at your reddit profile and see that you just post your own content and your video will get dislikes(I shared my most recent video on a sub reddit the redditors of that subreddit didn't even watch the video and they just downvoted it because they see it as self promotion).The best is to try to build up comment karma and post karma and then maybe post your videos on a sub reddit,I personally got some good traffic from reddit and most of my subs found me on reddit.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Reddit is the very best way to promote videos with ou any doubt IMO:up2: Reddit is by far (with some collabs too) the one thing that has helped my channel grow the most:) I dont know if any specific kind of videos to better on Reddit than others but it works for my videos.. The only thing about Reddit (and I mention this all the time) is that you should be prepaired for some s****y comments from time to time.

Reactions: FleXiNaToR