Recognized in Public!

BrettMikaluk

Uniquely Awesome Since 1997
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
So I was just thinking about it and I was recognized in public once by a complete stranger by my YouTube channel!

It was one of the coolest experiences, she asked for a picture and then quickly left and it just felt really awesome!

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience? Maybe share how it happened!?

Jamie

Maestro
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Wow really, that is so awesome! :D Must be a huge milestone for you, congratulations :)
I hope that some day I have the courage to actually show myself in a video (because I only upload music videos). Maybe that will happen to me too one day!^^

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
that's awesome! I've never been "recognised" since I don't show my face, but I have been greeted by fans locally which totally rocks xD

Kate's Adventures

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's so cool! The only time I've been recognised for my YT channel was when I was attending a specific event and I posted a video the night before / promoted it on social media the day of the event so the other people going to the event knew exactly what I was going to be wearing and a couple of people came up to say hi. I really like it when someone says they've watched a video I made, even though I see the views and the watch times it doesn't feel like anybody has actually watched it except me!

TheBossman

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter, Gamer, Reviewer
I've only just had a person say they are a big fan without it being followed by check out my channel or sub for sub after haha. That was a great feeling never mind being recognised. I bet you were buzzing for at least the rest of the day. I would be so red in the face in that photo though haha.

MightyBrows

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I got mistaken for a murderer once, thanks to an uncanny e-fit on Crimewatch. I am not sure that counts though >.<

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
So I was just thinking about it and I was recognized in public once by a complete stranger by my YouTube channel!

It was one of the coolest experiences, she asked for a picture and then quickly left and it just felt really awesome!

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience? Maybe share how it happened!?
The closest experience I've had to that is somebody commenting on a video that they go to the dog park in the video. This leaves the possibility that I'll run into them one of these days.

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
That's terrific! The only time so far that people have recognized me from anything on YouTube was at the New York Fringe Festival last summer where I had a play produced. A number of people who also were attending the event had looked up "FringeNYC" on YouTube and I had a number of videos tagged with that, so they saw me blabbering about my play.

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I haven't ever been recognised in public as such, but I have had people say they thought they had seen me at some event or some location, it wasn't me but at least people are thinking they saw me so thats a start, if anyone does recognise me I have never been approached haha

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV