• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

MZ-101

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'M HAPPY AND CONFUSED...
So... A while back I've reached a hundred subscribers which was probably the most amazing thing that happened to me while perusing this... Over-glorified hobby. When reaching this milestone I felt as if... As if I was on an unstoppable momentum ride and I was going to reach my ultimate milestone which was 1000 Subscribers in a spark of light! That wasn't the case...

It's been almost 8 months now and I still haven't gotten anywhere near that number. I feel useless... As if I was a nobody throwing a stone to an ocean filled with people that because, of so many others like me throwing similar if not larger stones. The people in this figurative ocean are barely noticing my stone when it hits them and my stone isn't big enough nor my throw is strong enough to cause any ripple for people to notice.

Basically, there are way too many people doing what I am doing that I barely matter. I don't in fact. No matter how controversial, or well put together my video is. It gets over shadowed by people doing the same thing I'm doing. I never understood my problem. Whether it was my personality, my videos or just plainly my channel that drove people away. I guess I'm just not that lucky. I'm not making a pity post where people would consider me because, they feel sad...! But, after more than 2 YEARS of making videos (which I'll admit have been gradually getting better) I'm starting to lose that my motivation, I've always kept strong and pushed my self to put up another video. Telling my self that "this one is the one. Its well edited, contains great commentary and its an amazing topic". Then, I see just 20 views in 2 days... I think to my self "there is probably something wrong with it. I'll try to fix it in the next video" but, after 2 years I can't find anything wrong! Not the video quality. not the editing, not the commentary, not the topic I'm choosing or the gameplay I put in the background. Nothing! So, I sit here... Happy and confused. I can't really show you any video as that violates the conditions but, maybe you can point out what I'm doing wrong...

NothingToDoCrew

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'M HAPPY AND CONFUSED...[/SIZE]
So... A while back I've reached a hundred subscribers which was probably the most amazing thing that happened to me while perusing this... Over-glorified hobby. When reaching this milestone I felt as if... As if I was on an unstoppable momentum ride and I was going to reach my ultimate milestone which was 1000 Subscribers in a spark of light! That wasn't the case...

It's been almost 8 months now and I still haven't gotten anywhere near that number. I feel useless... As if I was a nobody throwing a stone to an ocean filled with people that because, of so many others like me throwing similar if not larger stones. The people in this figurative ocean are barely noticing my stone when it hits them and my stone isn't big enough nor my throw is strong enough to cause any ripple for people to notice.

Basically, there are way too many people doing what I am doing that I barely matter. I don't in fact. No matter how controversial, or well put together my video is. It gets over shadowed by people doing the same thing I'm doing. I never understood my problem. Whether it was my personality, my videos or just plainly my channel that drove people away. I guess I'm just not that lucky. I'm not making a pity post where people would consider me because, they feel sad...! But, after more than 2 YEARS of making videos (which I'll admit have been gradually getting better) I'm starting to lose that my motivation, I've always kept strong and pushed my self to put up another video. Telling my self that "this one is the one. Its well edited, contains great commentary and its an amazing topic". Then, I see just 20 views in 2 days... I think to my self "there is probably something wrong with it. I'll try to fix it in the next video" but, after 2 years I can't find anything wrong! Not the video quality. not the editing, not the commentary, not the topic I'm choosing or the gameplay I put in the background. Nothing! So, I sit here... Happy and confused. I can't really show you any video as that violates the conditions but, maybe you can point out what I'm doing wrong...
Keep posting and keep going..don't quit.. Eventually one of your videos will catch some fire and once it does, people will go back and start watching all your old videos and if those are just as good your channel will explode. I posted a ton of great videos and i kept getting no views (other then the friends/family), then one day i go to my channel and found out one made it to the frontpage of reddit. Then another video with only 2-300 views exploded. The trick to youtube is getting over the 1000 subscriber hump, once you get over that, the ball starts to roll. To help with the hump, keep posting your videos in forums (relative to your videos) and keep spreading the word. Printoff 1000 business cards with your channel QR code on it and spread them around when you are on vacation. Right now noone knows about your channel, it's lost in the pile of 1000's of other videos. So start shining lights on them and making big signs that point towards them until you get enough people that find your video. Once they find it and subscribe they will help promote your other videos

Reactions: MZ-101

MZ-101

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Keep posting and keep going..don't quit.. Eventually one of your videos will catch some fire and once it does, people will go back and start watching all your old videos and if those are just as good your channel will explode. I posted a ton of great videos and i kept getting no views (other then the friends/family), then one day i go to my channel and found out one made it to the frontpage of reddit. Then another video with only 2-300 views exploded. The trick to youtube is getting over the 1000 subscriber hump, once you get over that, the ball starts to roll. To help with the hump, keep posting your videos in forums (relative to your videos) and keep spreading the word. Printoff 1000 business cards with your channel QR code on it and spread them around when you are on vacation. Right now noone knows about your channel, it's lost in the pile of 1000's of other videos. So start shining lights on them and making big signs that point towards them until you get enough people that find your video. Once they find it and subscribe they will help promote your other videos
To what extent though...? keep posting videos to about 2 more extra years. I was never the insecure person but, right now... I'm getting a little insecure about my YouTube channel and I really hate that I'm insecure! Don't know where my channel will end up but, I'm starting to feel really hopeless

Teneal

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Congrats keep up the hard work!

NothingToDoCrew

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey, so i watched your channel and was quite surprised..as low as your views/subs were i was expecting a pile of crap (no offense). BUt your editing is solid, there is good info, the thumbs are good, audio is good, everything is really good man!
I would say, adding somebackground music would help significantly, and the videos are way too long. Speed them up a bit.

Lastly you have to fomat your videos for todays dumbass viewers...I bet if you labeled the one video : "the top ten things battlefield needs to make it great" it would do significantly...like significantly.. better. That way when viewers come they know exactly what they are getting, they can skip ahead to areas and not feel like they are missing anything.
Just Bam " whats up guys, here is the top ten things that would make battlefield awesome" .number 10 make it more gory.. ww1 was a shitstorm of blood and guts, so if you want to make a game from that time period at least make sure it's accurate.
number9. fix the mellee attacks.. if im stabbing you with a knife, make it look like im stabbing you with a knife.. etc.. etc..
this will keep your video on pace and chugging along and for somereason, lists seem to hold viewers..
Lastly, you are new and gaming is the biggest/hardest category to fit into.. there are already a million gamer youtubers..If you are feeling hopeless, jump out of the sinking ship and build a new one in an area thats not as crowded

Reactions: xingcat
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'M HAPPY AND CONFUSED...[/SIZE]

"If you wake up thinking about it, Don't stop working for it"... you can achieve anything, just keep trying and working and one day the rocky road you are on will take you a beautiful destination (what that means is don't let bad things put you down just keep working for it and the reward will pay) :)

MZ-101

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey, so i watched your channel and was quite surprised..as low as your views/subs were i was expecting a pile of crap (no offense). BUt your editing is solid, there is good info, the thumbs are good, audio is good, everything is really good man!
I would say, adding somebackground music would help significantly, and the videos are way too long. Speed them up a bit.

Lastly you have to fomat your videos for todays dumbass viewers...I bet if you labeled the one video : "the top ten things battlefield needs to make it great" it would do significantly...like significantly.. better. That way when viewers come they know exactly what they are getting, they can skip ahead to areas and not feel like they are missing anything.
Just Bam " whats up guys, here is the top ten things that would make battlefield awesome" .number 10 make it more gory.. ww1 was a shitstorm of blood and guts, so if you want to make a game from that time period at least make sure it's accurate.
number9. fix the mellee attacks.. if im stabbing you with a knife, make it look like im stabbing you with a knife.. etc.. etc..
this will keep your video on pace and chugging along and for somereason, lists seem to hold viewers..
Lastly, you are new and gaming is the biggest/hardest category to fit into.. there are already a million gamer youtubers..If you are feeling hopeless, jump out of the sinking ship and build a new one in an area thats not as crowded
That's a great tip! will definitely try that! Thanks you've been helpful![DOUBLEPOST=1464035227,1464031308][/DOUBLEPOST]
"If you wake up thinking about it, Don't stop working for it"... you can achieve anything, just keep trying and working and one day the rocky road you are on will take you a beautiful destination (what that means is don't let bad things put you down just keep working for it and the reward will pay) :)
... Almost 3 years later... That "One Day..." Seems like it's really taking its time! I don't want a one video wonder/Trend. I really don't mind working on earning every subscribe but, long as every video I put up is getting what it deserves for the hard working on doing. "NothingToDoCrew" pointed out something wrong with my videos and its that I make long videos and no matter how good they are. People might lose interest so, I should be maybe faster and direct in my commentaries. Other than that can you point out anything wrong with my channel?[DOUBLEPOST=1464093930][/DOUBLEPOST]
Congrats keep up the hard work!
Thanks. Have you checked out my channel though...?

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Congratulations on your milestone reached....I would take @NothingToDoCrew to heart...they have some solid advice about some concrete things you can do right now to see if you can boost your subscriber count more quickly than you've been experiencing.