zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hi guys

i have a legal question about monetization on Youtube. i have read the Terms of YouTube Partner Program and i find my self stuck at the first item.

quote from the terms:

"Monetization Revenues. YouTube will pay you as follows:

1. Advertising Revenues. YouTube will pay you 55% of net revenues recognized by YouTube from ads displayed or streamed by YouTube or an authorized third party on your Content watch pages or in or on the YouTube video player in conjunction with the streaming of your Content. YouTube is not obligated to display any advertisements alongside your videos and may determine the type and format of ads available on the YouTube Service. For clarity, YouTube reserves the right to retain all other revenues derived from the YouTube service, including any revenues relating to ads on search result pages "

Can somebody explain for me what does that means ? If this is the case of the search results then why we should bother our selves and study SEOs ?!!!!! or even to enable monetization ?

Last edited:

Uncivilized Elk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
You don't make money from ads on search result pages on which your content appears.
That's just obvious and should go without saying.

Or are you not comprehending that a search result page is not the same thing as your content after somebody clicked the link to it from a search result page?

RichGuitarGamer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
SEO optimisation will help your videos come up in search results and suggested videos, you wont earn money on ads if they audience have not clicked on your videos bro

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We earn based on ads being presented with our content.
Ads being shown on a search page are not part of our content. That's a search page.

Reactions: Shane

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You don't make money from ads on search result pages on which your content appears.
That's just obvious and should go without saying.

Or are you not comprehending that a search result page is not the same thing as your content after somebody clicked the link to it from a search result page?
i dont see any ads on YouTube search result pages except those ads that usually appears as the first result with yellow icon which usually comes from making ad campaign.

i understood that item as the following:
YouTube are not obliged to monetized ((all)) my views and so any views on my content which comes from search engine are monetized but their money will not be paid to me.

Last edited:

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i understood that item as the following:
YouTube are not obliged to monetized ((all)) my views and so any views on my content which comes from search engine are monetized but their money will not be paid to me.
This part of your is correct:

"YouTube are not obliged to monetized ((all)) my views"

Your interpretation is not correct.

"so any views on my content which comes from search engine are monetized but their money will not be paid to me"

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
SEO optimisation will help your videos come up in search results and suggested videos, you wont earn money on ads if they audience have not clicked on your videos bro
i know that but my english is second language.[DOUBLEPOST=1458070665,1458070492][/DOUBLEPOST]
This part of your is correct:

"YouTube are not obliged to monetized ((all)) my views"

Your interpretation is not correct.

"so any views on my content which comes from search engine are monetized but their money will not be paid to me"
i hope my interpretation is incorrect but this a TOS which can be interpreted correctly by legal people and that why i am asking !

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How is your understanding now? Did you get enough help?
This item is still ambiguous to me and i need an explanation from legal people

i always thinking why YouTube does not show ads or some types of ads on my content in every view. i.e my number of "monetized views" are very low (35% in my case) in comparison with the "total views". I found this TOS item may explaining this situation. I agree that this is their right to set their TOS and we already accepted the partner program. However, this kind of terms can put YouTube at a very questionable situation because every youtuber can think that the rest of non-monetized views are monetized for youtube only and they are simply another cut from the total revenue in addition to the 45% stipulated in the TOS. One person can say that those non-monetized views are simply views from mobile devices. But i made an experiment and found that mobile views are now being monetized same as desktop and tablet devices.

If those non-monetized views can increase our revenues ( YouTube + content creators ), then why they are not monetized ?

Uncivilized Elk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
It's simple: There's more views than ads.
Ads are purchased. Unless there's more ad placements purchased than total views, not all views will be monetized.

Reactions: markkaz