Posting on Reddit

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I'd say reddit is a great platform for YouTubers. I've posted my stuff around and have been aggressively kicked out of certain subreddits for "spamming", but it's the risk you take. I'd say as long as you reply to the comments being made and aren't some idle spammer who just throws links everywhere.

Reactions: NickDodd

DangerNuggett

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
We should start a revolution! Lol jk... but seriously. If we build it, won't they come? Sorry I literally don't know about reddit so maybe I'm wrong!!

nickdodd.ca | NickDoddTV | twitter | instagram | YouTube
There is the r/newtubers page that is focused on new youtubers. Fairly active members and decent advice but the moderation and rules seem draconian to me.

NickDodd

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Other
There is the r/newtubers page that is focused on new youtubers. Fairly active members and decent advice but the moderation and rules seem draconian to me.
Thanks for that.

Yeah I took a look over there and there's like a solid 6 pages of rules.

Basically it's just there for any literally "new" YouTuber who doesn't know anything and is only there to ask "I can upload? How do I do?" Or "what is a keyword" or something else trivial, etc.

Looks as though if you ask anything other then that you'll get "monitored" from some secret service mods and potentially kicked for anything else.

DangerNuggett

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
Thanks for that.

Yeah I took a look over there and there's like a solid 6 pages of rules.

Basically it's just there for any literally "new" YouTuber who doesn't know anything and is only there to ask "I can upload? How do I do?" Or "what is a keyword" or something else trivial, etc.

Looks as though if you ask anything other then that you'll get "monitored" from some secret service mods and potentially kicked for anything else.
Yeah I was pretty turned off by how the mods label people as "hit and runners" if they leave links to their videos too much and don't contribute enough. It made me not want to ask any questions or reply to anything in case I say something "offensive" or "against the rules"

As far as I can tell, that is the only active forum that discusses youtube besides YTTalk.

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
you have to be flexible in each sub/reddit and modify your thread depending on the sub/r. Some will react badly but it's a low number compared to those who'll give the video a shot. Then there's negative criticism, that isn't always constructive, but that's the internet for you. In the midst of all the noise, you do get positive comments, and by chance your thread could go way up with the likes in a given sub/r.

NickDodd

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Other
you have to be flexible in each sub/reddit and modify your thread depending on the sub/r. Some will react badly but it's a low number compared to those who'll give the video a shot. Then there's negative criticism, that isn't always constructive, but that's the internet for you. In the midst of all the noise, you do get positive comments, and by chance your thread could go way up with the likes in a given sub/r.
Yeah I've long lived by "if people don't like you then you're not doing it right" .... To be successful takes some haters along the wayway!

I think I'll have to wander over there and give it a shot one of these days!

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Yeah I've long lived by "if people don't like you then you're not doing it right" .... To be successful takes some haters along the wayway!

I think I'll have to wander over there and give it a shot one of these days!
yeah. It's a bit of a deep question really. I used to think "well if people don't like it, they're not getting it, as I know its true value and they can't see it"... but that's surely not going to make you a winner in the real world. You can apply that as some kind of an "intellectual" recluse, but at some point, you'll have to make your content more accessible in some way. Not sell out completely, but somehow, make it more attractive.

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's Reddit, not surprising haha.

I don't blame them though, because it helps the community to actually contribute. Lots of times I saw Redditors with [Hit and Run] tags.

MASE

I've Got It
Reaction score
Reddit can be great for views but post in the right subreddit and be active.

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Reddit can be great for views but post in the right subreddit and be active.
Right. You've got to be careful not to "spam". They'll get on your back pretty quickly over there, even if you respond to the posts, you've got to be quite conservative with the thread starting.