Permanently Marked as a Spammer?

Scottchan

Reaction score
So I started a channel a month ago and spent a lot of time making videos, they were getting no exposure at all, until a few days ago i realized commenting on peoples videos gets a lot more exposure. I didn't comment anything like "check out my channel", all I did was comment "Great video, you have potential!" and stuff like that, genuine comments. But I kept commenting and I didn't get any warnings from YouTube, which I assumed I would if i was posting too much. I guess it would be considered spam, just because of sheer amount of videos I was commenting on. I know it was stupid, but I thought I would get a warning message, or even a captcha. I realized people stopped replying, and my comments were going into the "Likely Spam" folder when I tested commenting on videos from another one of my accounts. I read up and a lot of people are referring to it as 'shadowbanning'.
Most decent size YouTube channels don't bother approving 'Likely Spam' comments. So the comments are never seen.
All I want to know is, will this be permanent? Will every comment I ever post be marked as spam? From what I've been reading, a lot of people's channels are stuck in this condition, and haven't had any luck reversing it.

J0eyy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It uses keywords that use post alot on your other comments to make sure its not copy paste/a bot change up the comments a bit and you'll be good.

Reactions: Scottchan

AmuseYourBrain

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes J0eyy is right. Change comments and don't worry. Whole internet works on automatic triggers. If you copy/paste comments trigger is pulled and put you on the spam side.

networkstudios

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
well if the youtube algerism classifiy you as spammer channel it will be at minimum a year before it will remove you from that list

AmuseYourBrain

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes, i agreed. Maybe never. Like Google, when they put you on black list that is for life. Trust me, i know it

AmuseYourBrain

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Before Google was cool gigant, now is cool monopoly gigant. And before they was the biggest fighters against monopoly.

AmuseYourBrain

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Clear, but in last few years everything Google represented has change a lot. I worked before on Google Play and in the begining everything works like charm, till few years ago. After that everything started to spin around the money for them. And they started to protect big firms and eat small players like me. So before they was rebels and now they become opposite side

Scottchan

Reaction score
Thanks guys.
So I think I'll give it a few days and if it's still marking my comments as spam, I'm going to delete my channel and start over. Just in case I put months/years of hard work into my channel and find out it will never be reversed. It looks like the only way to fix it is to know someone who works in Google.

My other channels linked on the same google plus can still post comments fine, so hopefully it won't carry over to the new one.