Partnership or YouTube!?

SOIVIDZ

Reaction score
While on YouTube I've always figured getting a partnership was the way to go but I don't know the right answer. Should I get partnered or stick with youtube paying me? Does anyone know the CPM of YouTube? Is it still called AdSense?

MostShockingEP

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi there! All these questions have been answered multiple times on this forum.
Could you please read all useful information on http://yttalk.com/forums/youtube-video-monetization-partnership-forum.34/
and if you still have any specific questions after reading then ask it.

Youtube does not pay you.
Youtube is not called adsense.
Youtube is Youtube, adsense is adsense.
No one can tell what exact CPM you will have.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
YouTube is monetized with Adsense. Even if you partner with a network, you are still using Adsense, you're just using the network's account instead of yours.
If you monetize the "regular" way, YouTube/Adsense pays you directly.
If you sign up with a network, YouTube/Adsense pays the network, the network takes 20% or 30% of your earnings and gives you whatever is left.. In return, they promise you a bunch of stuff that probably is not worth it.
The CPM varies based on a bazillion things, including factors like weather and the phase of the moon - but it will vary regardless if you get paid directly by YouTube/Adsense or if you get paid by a middle-man network.
Basically, most networks just take your money and do not give back a lot in return, so sticking with getting paid directly by Youtube/Adsense is probably your best bet.

Reactions: nad

Sladee

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Nope, I've read into what a lot of networks "promise" you perks after registration and it's all bologna (That was fun to spell). Many networks prioritize only the biggest YouTubers on their roster and leave the smaller channels to use 3rd party website for ad deals, and collab opportunities. YOU CAN DO anything that the network promises, looking for people to collab with post here on YTtalk. Many Big YouTubers say that once they build a fan base, the companies come to them. So yea stick to AdSense. There are other ways to make money if that's what you're after.Although Most successful YouTubers preach to do create content, AND THEN expect something to happen monetarily. GoodLuck with your ventures! :)

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the video monetization discussion forum. ^_^