Status
Not open for further replies.

Paranoia_Origins

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Im not asking for much. I am just trying to figure out why I am struggling to get my videos placed in front of people. If someone could help me and give me tips on what I could be doing wrong. I am not sure if it is my channel art, my thumbnails, my video names, or what it is. I feel like I am fairly organized on my channel I just can figure out how to get it in front of people. Thanks, imma try to help some other people on this forum.

It’s been a long time since we requested a channel review.. We’ve made some changes so i’d like to get opinions on how the channel looks, the banner image, the welcome-video and thumbnails (which seem to be an ongoing struggle), etc..

I haven't made a request for a channel or video review in a long time and i'm struggling too much so here I am hoping to get some overall review on my channel and video which I don't know if I can ask for that here.

As for my overall YouTube channel review I would like a few aspects of my channel to be looked over such as:
  • my "about me" Should I kept it short and simple or should I used up all the space like I do in my video descriptions?!
  • Hows the layout of my YouTube channel? Is is organized? professional looking? for a gaming channel that is. X'D
  • Is it wrong to have a lot of links to my channel? like twitter, Facebook, deventart, yttalk, etc.?
  • Is my custom banner and logo I made for myself ok? I know the banner is a little much but, if anyone can give me examples of better looking banner templates I can use that'd be great. I'm a graphic designer so I make it my own by changing it a lot.
As for my overall YouTube video(s) review I would like a few aspects of my channel to be looked over such as:
  • As for my video descriptions I had looked up on how to handle that and a lot of researches said to "use up all that 5,000 description space if possible" Are they ok? or not? let me know as I make new videos the new video descriptions are different then the old ones thought I try to keep them all updated.
  • Feedback on my video playlists names, and do they look organized? somewhat professional looking?
  • Are the titles for my videos ok? too long? unique?, too much, too little? Tell me what you think and how you feel about them.
  • Choose any video you want to look over based on one of the games you like on my channel, and tell me which ones you'd like to see more of and less off that would help me, which includes commentary, funniness, audio, video quality, etc.

aliceromy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i'm not into gaming so i'm not going to answer all your questions but here are a few thoughts ...

i feel like most of the things you mentioned are good for getting people to subscribe once they've found your channel but not to get people to find your channel in the first place. are you trying to get your videos suggested by linking your videos/tags to other channels videos/tags? collabs? how much time are you putting into optimising titles/tags using things like Tubebuddy?

your channel art is quite busy i would definitely take out the social media icons, increase the font size and halve the amount of images. see NukemDukem for an example.

you're not very active on twitter so it doesn't really make sense to me to send people off youtube to your twitter. same for yttalk. i would only link to social media you are really involved in or to something that benefits you financially (merch) if necessary. pretty sure youtube doesn't like it when you send people off their platform ...

do people really donate using Paypal? i don't know if this is normal for gaming channels but i personally support people using Patreon because it's a bit more trustworthy and you usually get something back in return.

for your 'about me' section i wouldn't mention things you are planning on doing in the future ... maybe describe more what kind of gaming videos you do now and what kind of games. also i like to know the name of channel owner and a couple personal details (maybe this is just me). i don't see any harm in having a really long description as long as the important stuff is in the first two sentences, and the rest is spaced out properly.

Reactions: tahlia

Paranoia_Origins

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i'm not into gaming so i'm not going to answer all your questions but here are a few thoughts ...

i feel like most of the things you mentioned are good for getting people to subscribe once they've found your channel but not to get people to find your channel in the first place. are you trying to get your videos suggested by linking your videos/tags to other channels videos/tags? collabs? how much time are you putting into optimising titles/tags using things like Tubebuddy?

your channel art is quite busy i would definitely take out the social media icons, increase the font size and halve the amount of images. see NukemDukem for an example.

you're not very active on twitter so it doesn't really make sense to me to send people off youtube to your twitter. same for yttalk. i would only link to social media you are really involved in or to something that benefits you financially (merch) if necessary. pretty sure youtube doesn't like it when you send people off their platform ...

do people really donate using Paypal? i don't know if this is normal for gaming channels but i personally support people using Patreon because it's a bit more trustworthy and you usually get something back in return.

for your 'about me' section i wouldn't mention things you are planning on doing in the future ... maybe describe more what kind of gaming videos you do now and what kind of games. also i like to know the name of channel owner and a couple personal details (maybe this is just me). i don't see any harm in having a really long description as long as the important stuff is in the first two sentences, and the rest is spaced out properly.

Well what I've looked up on best time to upload videos is somewhere between 2pm to 6pm CST. Other stuff said to try to fill up the description of your videos best you can like close to full 5000 space (if that makes any sense). As for collabs thats being worked on its a very slow process but me and a friend are weeding out whos active and whos not. As far as time i'm putting into my titles (trying hard going off what happen in the video (during the gameplay) and go off that for the title. For tags i use (https://rapidtags.io/) to help me come up with tags not sure if its the best thing to use but it has high rating. "I'll check out nukemdukem cause i do make my all thumbnails and banners, logos, etc."

I am active on twitter though not as much but I can be I'm on twitter a lot more then Facebook, Devantart, all other social media so its fine I have no problem with removing all other social media expect for twitter, my spreadshirt page (can i get your input on that if possible please and thank you), and donations tab which you told me Patreon is better so i'll try that out.

Ok so describe more about the kind of gaming videos I do and what kind of games ok i'll get working on that among other stuff cause I really do appreciate your review and not just a "oh your stuff sucks or this and that needs to change" your giving me a good hard review, and you dont have to know much about gaming to review my channel XD. I own my channel and I'll get to work on other details.[DOUBLEPOST=1520060167,1520010138][/DOUBLEPOST]bump

Status
Not open for further replies.