OBS issues

VigilantRager

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Now I dont have issues with obs, I like it and only have to complain about it making two audio tracks but putting them in the same file, but why why why when I hit stop recording does it just get stuck on that and never save? Follow up question, can I make the tracks save into two separate files?

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
As far as I know, OBS does not allow you to save your audio separately from the actual footage. Which is a shame, because it'd be really nice to have separate control of the gameplay audio and your voice, so you can make adjustments as needed. What most YouTubers do, but it's so inconvenient, is record their voice with Audacity or record their facecam separately and then edit it onto the gameplay footage. I know it's a pain, but it's either you deal with what you have, or you use multiple tools. My nickname for OBS is 'Oh, BS' because it's a software that does exactly what I need it to do, but there's a lot of room for improvement. And what do you mean by not saving? 'Encoding overloaded'?

Reactions: VigilantRager

VigilantRager

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
As far as I know, OBS does not allow you to save your audio separately from the actual footage. Which is a shame, because it'd be really nice to have separate control of the gameplay audio and your voice, so you can make adjustments as needed. What most YouTubers do, but it's so inconvenient, is record their voice with Audacity or record their facecam separately and then edit it onto the gameplay footage. I know it's a pain, but it's either you deal with what you have, or you use multiple tools. My nickname for OBS is 'Oh, BS' because it's a software that does exactly what I need it to do, but there's a lot of room for improvement. And what do you mean by not saving? 'Encoding overloaded'?
Okay so with that being said I actually did figure out a way to get discord, game audio, my mic and even video all into separate tracks. not I need to figure out how to get them into my editing software separately

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Okay so with that being said I actually did figure out a way to get discord, game audio, my mic and even video all into separate tracks. not I need to figure out how to get them into my editing software separately
What editing software do you use? Because if you have all the audio in separate clips, it should be easy to figure out. For the audio, an easy trick is to use Audacity. It'll let you combine all the audio into one file when you're done editing them individually.

Reactions: VigilantRager

VigilantRager

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What editing software do you use? Because if you have all the audio in separate clips, it should be easy to figure out. For the audio, an easy trick is to use Audacity. It'll let you combine all the audio into one file when you're done editing them individually.
I use hitfilm 4 express but i actually figured it out last night. hitfilm doesnt let you do the multiple audio tracks but obs saves it in to one file. the solution was handbrake to separate them

VigilantRager

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah I actually figured it out. its because i use hitfilm and a file with multiple audio tracks isnt supported so i just use hand brake to export them to different files