New YouTube feature called: "Creator on the Rise"

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I know the person whose channel was featured on the first day. She was one of 16 invited to YouTube creators space in Tokyo. So I'd expect more from those invited to that first.

Hey Jesse!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Recently, I found a new feature that YouTube added called "Creator on the Rise." It showcases a smaller YouTuber's videos on the trending page.

After seeing this, I did some research on how it works and found this.

Any creator or artist with over 1,000 subscribers is eligible to be featured. On the Rise creators and artists will be highlighted based on a bunch of factors including view count, watch time and subscriber growth. Our team is also involved in the process to help select which eligible creators will be featured.

Two creators and two artists will be highlighted each week; we’ll let them know when they are featured so they can share the moment with their fans, old and new! We hope this will help the world discover inspirational new creators.
What are your thoughts about this?

Reactions: babyteeth4

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oh my god this is amazing! I love it! I thought they would never do anything for the smaller channels!

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've noticed that YT seems to recommend videos from very small channels, when they are liked by larger channels.

So YT has always worked this way, it's just that not all larger channels put out likes on stuff.

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's pretty cool, I'll have to check that feature out!

SvenInMotion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
This is a really cool thing. Im just worried it wont help many much. Its almost like winning a lottery. 2 creators a week on a million of small youtubers is a small number. Still better than nothing! :D

Envision Adventure

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think it's a really great feature. Glad to see YouTube adding stuff like this, should definitely help out some smaller youtubers.

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It's definitely a start! I mean, it /is/ based on things like growth, so you'd have to be climbing pretty steadily already to stand a chance of being featured, it seems - but it is amazing that they're looking out for the little guys, so here's hoping this works out for a lot of people.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I know the person who was chosen as the first one, called internationally me. She was one of 16 people invited to something (I think) called youtube next step, which was in Tokyo and other cities too. It could be very likely that if you have any contact with youtube, you could be featured someday. of course if they aren't talking to you, then they don't know you....

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It is great, but don't think you'll get featured. You will have to show significant growth and consistency to even get on the radar. And then there is the fact only 4 folk will be highlighted from how many users? I bet you got a better chance at winning the lottery!