Hot Topic New YouTube end screen **all discussion here**

Hendrik Kapp

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I live in South Africa and its available here, so I am sure its world wide lol, I still have no idea how to use it though.

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Almost like how I felt. I wish it could be resized smaller to fit at least 3 videos in the horizontal. I find everything ok and good except for its size. Also, it would be awesome if it could increase it to 5 or 6 elements and I'd be one happy little youtuber. You know, small changes.
I need about 4 horizontal, + 1 large. Then I'd need 1 extra element for a subscribe button. So 5-6 would be nice.
Biggest difference between annotations and end screens is that the later displays on mobile, annotations do not. Looking at my stats for the past view months, end screens also have a higher CTR. Between the higher CTR and also the increase in views by it now being available on mobile, I'd reconsider. My views are roughly 28% computer and 65% mobile/tablet, the rest being TV and game consoles. Food for thought.
I'm well aware they work on mobile and annotations don't, the same as cards. I will not reconsider until it's improved though, considering that not many, if any people at all watch my outros. So until then, I'll save my time and stick with annotations.[DOUBLEPOST=1477650874,1477650787][/DOUBLEPOST]
One great thing about annotations is that you could use them as chapter markers, so people could skip around in your video. I hope they add that to cards.
That's a very good point. Hopefully they add that feature back in, cause that came in handy, I used to use it a lot for really long previews I did.

D_halfrican

I've Got It
Reaction score
I like it I just tested it and it's a hell of a lot easier for me cuz I hate doing ends cards ineven stopped intros because I can't stand binge watching a channel and seeing and intro every video

ilikepstrophies

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Is there a section in analytics for end cards? Is it under cards or anotations? I've looked under cards and don't see specifically end cards. I would be interested in seeing how many clicks in a few days.

Nanonium

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I'm really excited to use this feature, it gives a way to make my videos look professional and possibly get more subscribers since it's so simple to do it

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Just tried it out for the first time on today's upload. I love it. I'm not very graphically talented and so my "end screens" were just a shoddy photoshop subscribe button coming on screen, and then a thumbnail, and some ugly text in impact. They didn't look very professional or nice - but now with the new end cards it looks so much nicer, and it's also a lot easier to put together. This is going to save me a ton of time overall.

I suspect this'll also help me sell more copies of my e-book and audio course, as it's much nicer and more visible to have it on the end screen like that then to just have an interactive card coming up.

Also these actually work on mobile unlike all the annotation based end screens, so, more click-throughs from mobile viewers (who make up the majority of pretty much everyone's viewer base)

Best change YouTube has implemented in a long time!

Maarij Bashir

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've been waiting to get the feature!
Finally I got it YAY!!!!!

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You need to add some end screen placement for your video. Mine are not set up to run with it at the moment. Perhaps I'll mess around with it when I upload my next video.

DBA

I've Got It
Reaction score
Is there a section in analytics for end cards? Is it under cards or anotations? I've looked under cards and don't see specifically end cards. I would be interested in seeing how many clicks in a few days.
It has it's own tab near the bottom.

Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 12.00.06 AM.png

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
In principle I like the feature but currently they can't replace my existing end card plus you disable all annotations (even before the end card) when you use it.