Need some advice about a promise I made

ChilledAffinity

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You have to remember, its YOUR channel. make the content you want to make and do what you love to do.
In this case id simply explain to your viewers that perhaps this promise was not meant to be kept. you say you made a promise but to whom? did your viewers ask it of you? if you promised yourself then its up to you to decide if its worth keeping. release yourself from your burden and move with pride in your step :)

Irma

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You have to remember, its YOUR channel. make the content you want to make and do what you love to do.
In this case id simply explain to your viewers that perhaps this promise was not meant to be kept. you say you made a promise but to whom? did your viewers ask it of you? if you promised yourself then its up to you to decide if its worth keeping. release yourself from your burden and move with pride in your step :)
Thanks for the very good advice. You're right, it's no use to make content I don't like making. That's the whole fun of youtube, to do what you want to do. Thanks for the reply! :D

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Update your subscribers on what you choose to do, but do what makes you happy! Your subscribers probably want you to be happy more that anything else!

Plague Ephlik

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
if its a community you have been interacting back and forth with then I would think it would be best for you to explain the situation and focus on the quality you are aiming for the better of your channel. Or maybe ask for feedback on how the tutorials could be enhanced in quality.

IsntChrisL

Easily Distracted
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Knock them out by making each video contain 5 tutorials. Maybe implement different techniques into one larger picture. I don't know what your naming scheme is but you could add to the title something like "Tutorials 10-15, 15-20" etc. At the very least it will make the whole thing easier on you. You would only need to make one a week.

Reactions: Irma

James Strange

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you produce a video that gets a low number of views the YouTube algorithm will give your next video a lower ranking and push it out to less people. Also if your subs pass over your video a few time your channel will quit showing up in there feed. So by producing crap that you do not like making and your subs do not like, you are hurting your channel.

haley&connor

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I would come out and tell your viewers that you want to give them more quality content, instead of making low quality videos! I think being honest and real with them will make them relate to you even more :) I hope it all works out and good luck with your channel!

Sibernethy

Questin' for a Jestin'
Reaction score
Website
www.sibernethy.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Here's what I would say in a nutshell to your viewers:

"Guys, I'm sorry to say this but I'm unable to do the sketches. I know I promised but for lack of better judgement, I made a promise I'm only just finding out that I just can't live up to. In my head, it was a brilliant idea. It's not panning out well and it kills me to back out on something I promised you guys. I thought I had it all together but the wise man over my shoulder said "it's too much, you can't do it all with the time you have left, just come clean and admit you're not able to do it." So this is what I'm doing. It's just beyond what I'm reasonably able to do."

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the Strategies & Technique Advice Forum