need help with my suspended channel

Vera Molina

Reaction score
hello guys
I am actually here to see if I can get any kind of help with my youtube chanel that was suspended last year for 3 copyright strikes which I didnt intend to do since I never knew there were rules to follow on youtube. I just posted all my family videos there, never did store them nowhere else and now my entire family history is gone cause they decided to suspend it forever. I tried to appeal twice and nothing
I watched all the videos that I could to get the acct back and nothing....
I am so desperate. Please help .

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the Copyright, Claims, and Strikes discussion forum. :) Please note that the staff at YTtalk are not YouTube employees, so we therefore cannot provide additional information about why a YouTube account has been suspended.

Reactions: Crown

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
I am a Google Silver Product Expert in the area of YouTube.

If your channel was terminated for copyright violations, and you held no rights to the content which was taken down, there is nothing anyone can do. Copyright takedowns are non-appealable; the only recourse would have been DMCA Counter-notifications.

A DMCA Counter-notification can only be filed in cases where the copyright media claimed either didn't appear in the video(s) in question, or the content which was removed had rights to it held by the poster at the time of removal. In some cases, Fair Use can be claimed; but the copyright owner can reject this defence, which is only provable in a court of law. To file a CN when either of these conditions aren't present, is perjury (a criminal offence); and is punishable by both prison terms and fines. YouTube Admin punishes such perjury by full and permanent account termination.

Do any of the stated conditions apply to your former content, and do you still have the takedown and suspension notices YouTube sent you? "Not knowing there were any rules to be followed" is no excuse. You were expected to read and understand YouTube's Terms of Service and Community Guidelines before checking the box which says that you have done so. One prominent part of the Terms of Service is pasted below.

"7.7 You agree that Content you submit to the Service will not contain any third party copyright material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights (including rights of privacy or rights of publicity), unless you have a formal licence or permission from the rightful owner, or are otherwise legally entitled, to post the material in question and to grant YouTube the licence referred to in paragraph 8.1 below.

7.8 On becoming aware of any potential violation of these Terms, YouTube reserves the right (but shall have no obligation) to decide whether Content complies with the content requirements set out in these Terms and may remove such Content and/or terminate a User's access for uploading Content which is in violation of these Terms at any time, without prior notice and at its sole discretion."

Last edited:
Reactions: UhoohExtra