Need Camera Advice

Should I get a Canon 80D to do vlogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LifeAsJenny

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm currently using a Canon T3i. I'm looking to upgrade to a mid range DSLR. I was thinking of the Canon 80D but i'm not sure if that's the best camera. I currently use my camera to film vlogs. I would love more advance features with my camera. Looking for camera recommendations and lenses to use as well.

Owlins

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Why are you thinking of the 80D? Is it the 60fps it can shoot in? Because you are not uploading your vids in 60 fps currently. Or maybe something other than that? And why a DSLR and not an actual Video Camera? Just a few questions to start off with.

I assume you are not shooting 30 mins in one go btw? As the T3i doesn't do that as well.

LifeAsJenny

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@Owlins its not daily vlogging. Its more if sit down type of vlogs. Also i do tech videos but haven't really kept up with too much tech lately. I wanted more advance features. Like shooting in 48 aperture and not 50. I'm also getting into photography so i though i would upgrade my T3i.

Dnetg

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I am searching too for a dslr. If I were you I would go for the 700d (In usa it is called T5 I think :confused: ) and I would invest the extra money in other things such as lens lighting etc.

TonyVobbins

Reaction score
You dont need another camera. You just need some more lenses, better lighting and better knowledge how to use your camera.

Reactions: Dnetg