Naming a channel

Wobbly

Reaction score
I have a name chosen for my YouTube channel which is not my actual name, because I would like to keep my actual name private. The problem I have is that I don't know if I should or shouldn't name the Google profile with my actual name in order to keep it private on YouTube, but still remain identifiable to YouTube staff.

Is the Google profile even visible on YouTube? Has anyone else access to my google profile except me and YouTube staff?

Everything has stopped for me because I don't know the answer to this simple question.
I would be extremely grateful if anyone would help me with this.

Wobbly

Reaction score
I don't understand. What if the email address is not in my actual name?

But in any case, how can someone look up my google profile only if they know my email?

Do you mean if I add a Gmail email address to my "About" page on my YouTube channel, people can view the Google profile of that Gmail account?

Thank you for your reply in any case!

eroM

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Unrelated to Google+ but I can offer privacy concerns relating to Instagram. I created a profile without my personal name, an email unrelated to my personal stuff at all, did not link it with facebook, yet still my personal friends were being suggested to follow this IG branding account. Maybe it was because I created the branded account on the same phone my personal accounts are on. I don't know. But it's BS.

If you're trying to remain private, I don't think that'll happen with IG.

Reactions: Wobbly

AnswersRule

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I do not use my actual name, I think I use my first name though. It's like First name is "Chris", Last name is "(AnswersRule)." I too do not want people to know my full name at the very least. At some point maybe...

Reactions: Wobbly