Name change?

UnaverageNorwegian

Vlogger in training
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi guys, im doing a vlog on my channel, but i feel like my name is not as good as i would like it to be. On youtube i go by the name "not the average Norwegian" which i think is too long and hard for people to remember. I have also been going by "N.T.A.N" but there is this musician with that name, and that make me not come up when u search. I have also thought about "unaverage Norwegian" its a bit shorter. But there are multiple channels with the same name (unaverage something) , i am now considering "Marius Vlogs" (As Marius is my first name) but idk, i feel its not really creative. Also I now have 50 vlogs, and i dont know if it would "hurt me" to change the name, Or if it would help me grow (if i can come up with a clever name) So i would like you opinions. Keep "Not the average Norwegian"? Change to Unaverage Norwegian? Marius Vlogs / Unaverage Marius (edit: there were multiple "Marius Vlogs" aswell but no Unaverage Marius) OR something completely different and catchy? What do u guys think?

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisLegend

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not the average Norwegian is definitely too long in my opinion. Even though you are a fair few vlogs changing it now would benefit you most likely in the long term and it will pay off. I'm quite a fan of Unaverage Norwegian and full as if Marius vlogs is even more generic than that. Both are quite common though. Sorry I can't come up with anything for you. Some vloggers just use their full names though and that works out pretty well!

UnaverageNorwegian

Vlogger in training
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Not the average Norwegian is definitely too long in my opinion.
I agree!
I'm quite a fan of Unaverage Norwegian
I like that too, but its not as special i guess ....

and full as if Marius vlogs is even more generic than that.
Didnt understand this sentence :eek:

Some vloggers just use their full names though and that works out pretty well!
Yeah... would you remember Marius Grebstad vlogs ? hehe :p
Anyways, thanx for the good in depth reply :) btw i like your videos ! :D

Reactions: ChrisLegend

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sorry! I was meant to type out, "and feel as if Marius vlogs is even more generic than that." Marius Grebstad might be difficult to remember at first but so was Casey Neistat and I feel that caught on in due time. I'm actually a reasonable fan of Marius Grebstad Vlogs haha, I've always liked the sound of European names. But you're right that might be hard to remember unfortunately. Thinking up a channel name is always a difficult task. Thank you for that man, I really appreciate it :). Good luck on your quest!

UnaverageNorwegian

Vlogger in training
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Haha Well Marius Grebstad Vlogs is not common thats for sure :p
but, i dont know, maybe it will grow on me, i thought i could ask my viewers too, I started playing with "Viking" as well, Viking vlogs was taking (of course) so was Modern Viking, i Thought "Newfangled Viking" kinda sounded cool, but again, hard to remember for a lot of people i guess..Latter-day viking also has a cool touch, but long again,... your right, not easy at all :p
"Ramshackle" is also kinda good, but i dont know how many people know the meaning of the word haha.
Thank you, my epic quest for the perfect name will indeed be a challenge :D

MannyCastro

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In my honest opinion I don't think that you should focus so much on your name, if you make great content people will find you no matter what. Just look at someone like Casey Neistat, his youtube name is just CaseyNeistat. Youtube is very content driven, I couldn't care less about a youtuber's channel name, the only thing that matter to me is them making entertaining videos. So as long as you can pump out good videos, people will find your channel eventually and you'll grow for sure.

UnaverageNorwegian

Vlogger in training
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
People say that, but i think having a good name is like a good brand, if people want to show it to others, it helps with a name that they remember , so its easy to find :) i did a change now, Going with "IM Marius" :)