My views have dropped drastically! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPigeon99

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
2 months ago I started uploading GTA videos on YouTube (will start playing other games soon though) and I have 20000 subscribers right now. I have about 25 videos on my channel and most of them have over 30k views (some even over 100k). I used to get tons of comments in the first few minutes of uploading and as I said I'd get more views than I have subs on pretty much every video.

However, everything has suddenly changed and I mean SUDDENLY. Basically, I've uploaded 3 videos over the past five days and each of them has LESS than 5k views! I have a very popular series, consisting of 6 videos. 5 of them have more than 65k views but the latest episode that I uploaded 4 days ago has 4,2k! This is just an unbelievable drop and I've no idea what's going on rn. For comparison, I have 4k views on a 20 second video I made back when I only had 2k subscribers. I know it's quite unusual for a new small channel to have that many views in comparison to the sub count and I obviously didn't expect this streak to last forever but I didn't expect to drop from 30k to 4k pretty much overnight either. :(

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why my views have dropped so much?

evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Perhaps look at the traffic source of the previous more successful videos, it it youtube suggested searches or subscribers or from external sources, may help you understand whats missing from the new videos?

Reactions: YAOG

Wreckless Eating

YouTube Space LA Alumni
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I'd look at your realtime and see what time views are occurring. It's a possibility that at this time of year, your audience is back in school and may only watch at certain times so you may need to adjust the time of day that you release your videos.

6StringMadMan

I've Got It
Reaction score
evoloz and Wreckless Eating both gave great points. Have you looked into your analytics to find out where the traffic was coming from for your other more successful videos? There are many possibilities when it comes to YouTube traffic, such as search, Google, sharing, suggested, etc.

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We had some tentpole videos get hit really hard about 10 days ago, and some of them have not recovered. I'm talking 90% down in per-day views for certain videos. However, other videos (newer ones) have picked up new life. There seem to be some algorithm changes going on. In addition, as others have pointed out, viewers returning to school has thrown out the usual schedule.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
2 months ago I started uploading GTA videos on YouTube (will start playing other games soon though) and I have 20000 subscribers right now. I have about 25 videos on my channel and most of them have over 30k views (some even over 100k). I used to get tons of comments in the first few minutes of uploading and as I said I'd get more views than I have subs on pretty much every video.

However, everything has suddenly changed and I mean SUDDENLY. Basically, I've uploaded 3 videos over the past five days and each of them has LESS than 5k views! I have a very popular series, consisting of 6 videos. 5 of them have more than 65k views but the latest episode that I uploaded 4 days ago has 4,2k! This is just an unbelievable drop and I've no idea what's going on rn. For comparison, I have 4k views on a 20 second video I made back when I only had 2k subscribers. I know it's quite unusual for a new small channel to have that many views in comparison to the sub count and I obviously didn't expect this streak to last forever but I didn't expect to drop from 30k to 4k pretty much overnight either. :(

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why my views have dropped so much?
@MPigeon99

Hi and welcome to YTtalk.

You aren't active enough yet to ask for a review of your channel or videos. :)

Once you are active here (by contributing to discussions), you may ask for a review in the review forum. (http://yttalk.com/forums/reviews-channel-feedback.64/ ) The review forum is the only forum where our active members can ask for feedback on their videos and channel (including artwork). We like to keep that sort of thread out of the main forums. :) If the thread complies with the review forum rules (at the top of the review forum), then it will be approved by a member of staff.

Reactions: KatyAdelson
Status
Not open for further replies.