Music video help

Ronaldo Martinez

Reaction score
I'm planning to upload my music videos in my YT channel but I'm worried about copyright strikes. My music videos contains clips from copyrighted movies, TV shows, and video games set to copyrighted music. Need help. Any suggestions?

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm planning to upload my music videos in my YT channel but I'm worried about copyright strikes. My music videos contains clips from copyrighted movies, TV shows, and video games set to copyrighted music. Need help. Any suggestions?
I doubt that you'd get strikes by using copyrighted music, but your video may be blocked or muted. You can see what songs would give you issues on this page: https://www.youtube.com/music_policies

As for Movie and TV shows, I use movie clips in my reviews and I've never had any issues with them getting blocked, not sure about monetisation though as this channel can't be monetised yet.

As for video games, those should be totally fine, gaming videos are very common (as you'd already know).

Nerfworthy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For some parts I believe you're right, for other's not.
Using copyright content, might and probably won't give you a strike
unless you try to monetize it. I have expirienced this in the past and there's no problems. Well, can't say that i'm 101% sure, could also depend on what copyright material you're using.

ALEA freelicencemusic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hi there :) my first suggestion would be to use non-copyrighted music. But I don't want to spam my channel, just google "royalty free music". Otherwise I think that not monetizing could solve the problem, but I'm not so sure about this.

Ronaldo Martinez

Reaction score
Uploaded it as a private video, I think I have no more monetization on my channel.[DOUBLEPOST=1520479019,1520474951][/DOUBLEPOST]Deleted the video. I decided to get monetization back.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the copyright discussion forum. :)