Mic choice?

MilkingBanana

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So on my channel, I post gaming and animation related content in the future for my content and I have this problem that just bugs me from the start of my channel, and it's the fact that I have one of the worst sounding microphones ever made. Now, to be honest, I might exaggerate and possibly there are worse ones out there, but this just doesn't settle for my standards.

So I would like to buy a microphone but I need something that has these three factors:

* Low to Moderately Priced
* Available in my country (Philippines) / worldwide
* Of course, good quality microphone :p

Do you have any suggestions? I really need some help since I am not really that good with microphone choices, and the ones that I want to buy are just crazy expensive, so I am open to some honest suggestions.

By the way, if you really want to know why audio is such an issue, you can check out my channel and watch some of my recent videos and you'll just hear the worst microphone in the planet.

Thank you :D
~MilkingBanana

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the recording / editing / production / hardware forum. :)

Check out the pinned thread at the top of the forum about mics too.

FiREWiRE

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Something low priced could be a $12-20 condenser mic which is what I use (You can watch my recent videos so see how one sounds) or a medium priced would probably be something like a Blue Snowball. (Which you probably know is one of the most praised mics for youtube in recent years.)

Therealkojr

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The mic i use right now is a blue yeti microphone. It works extremely well and i love it. There is hardly any background noise honestly.
I used to use a sampson mic. It was a sampson C01U usb studio condenser mic. It got the job done, but not very well. There was a large buzz in the background and if i lower the gain on it at all it would not pick up anything. I used it for a long time but my yeti is a large step up!

Boozehounds

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm a big fan of the audio technicas - the AT2020 is a pretty stable choice, and comes in USB and XLR varieties. Personally we go one up with the AT2035, which punches pretty well in audio quality.