Massive drop in views on kid channels

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Does anyone know what happened on July, 11? Some channels got twice more traffic like supersimplesongs, mothergooseclub, littlebabybum and some lost half the traffic like appmink, cocomelon and to this day nothing changed. Some new algorithm change?

Attachments

MeachamLake

Reaction score
No idea what's going on at all. I have a channel which makes family friendly animations that kids will enjoy, sure, but it's not a nursery rhyme or toy unboxing channel. My views collapsed on Thursday, 60% of it gone.

Is this some sort of weird glitch in the algorithm? I hope to god it's not a permanent change. No idea why certain other kids channels have suddenly mopped up everyone else views.

lejack

Reaction score
Hello,
I have the same problem, I have a children's song channel in Arabic, I lost 50% of views in 2 days.
but I noticed a very important thing:
This channel for an Arab public:

It goes from 10 million a day to 30 or even 40 million.

this channel in English too:

It goes from 10 million a day to 20 million.

They buy the views or is it the algorithm?

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I haven't been as greatly affected as others but I hope that we get official info from YouTube.

Reactions: JackJack

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Hello,
I have the same problem, I have a children's song channel in Arabic, I lost 50% of views in 2 days.
but I noticed a very important thing:
This channel for an Arab public:

It goes from 10 million a day to 30 or even 40 million.

this channel in English too:

It goes from 10 million a day to 20 million.

They buy the views or is it the algorithm?
THis is crazy about the Arab channel. I think it is a bug or they launched some crazy algorithm that checked some channels by keywords. Also my videos are not recommended right bellow when my video is being played. Some other channels are.

Jimmy21

Reaction score
none of these channels are showing up with ads on them for me. Are these channels monetized?

Babygames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Same! One of my Peppa Pig videos had a massive drop last week. It was at 94% suggested, now it's at 75%.
This is the only video that's getting consistent views so I always keep an eye on it..

Attachments

Last edited:

MeachamLake

Reaction score
So what exactly is YouTube playing at here? It seems like they're just pulling the plug on recommending all kids content. Looking at my realtime views everything seems to have been cut down to 1/3 of what it was a few days ago.

I'm lucky that this isn't a full time job and it's just a way to make extra cash but I feel for those who rely on it for income.

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
So what exactly is YouTube playing at here? It seems like they're just pulling the plug on recommending all kids content. Looking at my realtime views everything seems to have been cut down to 1/3 of what it was a few days ago.

I'm lucky that this isn't a full time job and it's just a way to make extra cash but I feel for those who rely on it for income.
Except all the traffic went to big channels like supersimplesongs mothergooseclub peppa pig etc

MeachamLake

Reaction score
Something weird is definitely going on at the moment.

My entire recommended section has been completely obliterated. I used to basically only watch videos and about cars and watches from a bunch of independent creators - my recommended would be stuffed with them. This morning everything has gone - I am only seeing commercial chat show content, TV news and big YouTube 'stars' I've never even watched before.

Anyone else having this? They must be doing something to the algorithms.

Reactions: basilico