Low revenue!

sammipk

Reaction score
Hey there! I'm with the network Curse and i've got a question, my channel has got about 95k views per month of which about 85k of those are monetized. Our channel has a 1min and 55 sec average time watched per view. Our top countries who watch our videos are USA->RUSSIA->GERMANY->UK. We gain an average of 0.38$ per 1000 views, which from hearing with other youtubers is really low, is this something im doing wrong, or why is this happening? The network Curse if you didn't already know has a 90-10 share, which is really high from what i've heard.
Thanks in advance![DOUBLEPOST=1449584301,1449513409][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyone that can help?

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
There's nothing to help with.

Different locations, demographics, and subject content pay differently. Even if you're being viewed in (generally speaking) higher CPM areas, ads sold for your target may not be.

Typically speaking, the more views (and watch time) a video has, the more it will earn. A single video getting 95k views a month will earn more than 95 videos each gaining 1k.

Check your tags and descriptions to make sure they're as accurate as possible, but you'd numbers aren't completely out of the norms.

Reactions: Brinkbabe91

sammipk

Reaction score
There's nothing to help with.

Different locations, demographics, and subject content pay differently. Even if you're being viewed in (generally speaking) higher CPM areas, ads sold for your target may not be.

Typically speaking, the more views (and watch time) a video has, the more it will earn. A single video getting 95k views a month will earn more than 95 videos each gaining 1k.

Check your tags and descriptions to make sure they're as accurate as possible, but you'd numbers aren't completely out of the norms.
The views are spread out over 2 videos, both have around 40k new views this month and then the rest are a few 1k videos. But i have friends going with other networks gaining similar views and getting twice what im getting, and have kind of similar locations. And as mentioned, got about a 2 min average watch time.

Brinkbabe91

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The views are spread out over 2 videos, both have around 40k new views this month and then the rest are a few 1k videos. But i have friends going with other networks gaining similar views and getting twice what im getting, and have kind of similar locations. And as mentioned, got about a 2 min average watch time.
How much you are getting from your ads has to do with what ads are on your videos, and what countries are viewing your ads. It isn't really Curse's fault. The are one of the best companies out there to be in. But like the guy said earlier try playing around with how you tag your video. Tags helps place ads on videos that are related to the video.

RyanH

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
CPMs do not really change by network. It depends what your content is as well, for example if you have an art channel, it's a very specific niche and you'll probably get well paying and engaging ads displayed on your videos.