Looking for a better Capture Card for PS4 videos

Benie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I'm tired of the 15 minute limit that the internal capture card a PS4 can do. I want to be able to record much longer and have more than enough time to do all of my necessary editing. But I also need it compatible with my PS4 (and SHAREfactory).
It also needs to be compatible with my setup (I have two pieces of hardware to switch my second monitor from the screen of my PS4 (with sound), to just my secondary monitor.

One of the features of the new card, is I also want to be able to pause the recording at anytime, and restart it. This would save a lot of time when editing.

Is there such a card? Also, I saw from a video that some capture cards don't require you to install the card into your computer. Is this true?
Also, I'm from the US, incase this helps.

Last edited:

HumbleZeus

Leader of the Humblers, Thunder God, Pizza Lover
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
As far as I know no capture card has to be installed on your computer its just software you need to have installed. With a capture card SHAREfactory is pretty useless since it does the same thing. An Elgato game capture should meet all your needs so long as you have a TV, PS4, and a computer to plug it into there should not be any problems. You'll probably want to invest in some kind of editing software though since no capture card comes with good editing tools just basic cut tools to shorten video length. There are plenty of free ones to choose from (Movie Maker/ iMovie/etc)

Benie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
so long as you have a TV
I have an HDMI-compatible TV that can support my PS4, but I prefer to play games on my second monitor (why I invested in hardware to do so).
One is an Audio/Video splitter(to remove the (Audio only available in HDMI) restriction to something my computer can use), and the other switches my second monitor to either show my PS4 screen or a standard computer monitor.

My monitor isn't HDMI compatible, which is why I have the hardware. I need the capture card to be compatible with said hardware. Reason for said hardware is due to my eyesight. I can see what I do easier.

Also, you say to invest in editing software. SHAREfactory is my 'editing software'. It's all I really need. To be able to cut where I need to cut, apply audio. Also SHAREfactory renders in 720p, which is good enough for my viewers(and myself). It does all of that work for me, and my viewers understand that I'm not trying to be a big time Youtube gamer.
But if you claim the capture card has something similar, I'll use it instead.

Last edited:

LeGenDaryPuLse

Rhythm Savage
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
I think the best options is the Elgato HD