LIVE STREAMING TROUBLES

Chef Cotoletta

Reaction score
First of all I want to apologize if it's not the correct place where to post stuff about streaming, but I guess my trouble is software-related.

I ve been trying a lot with OBS studio and Streamlabs... but nothing at all.. I can't stream because the softwar don't see the images of my webcam. The webcam light tell me that is working. on youtube I can see only black screen.

I don't even know how to explain it better, I think is a very uncommon problem.

So any tips? What do you use to stream? Why it's not possible to use just the ''STREAMING'' button on YT?!?!

Thanks everybody

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
First of all, are you sure that you are streaming to YouTube? If you can see the webcam on OBS and not on YouTube, that means you aren't streaming in the first place. If that isn't the issue, and you can't see your webcam on OBS, make sure you are using the correct webcam. If you are, then go into the properties of the webcam in OBS and deactivate it, then reactivate it. Also, make sure you have made a scene and put the "Video Capture Device" in that scene.

Chef Cotoletta

Reaction score
Yes mate.. Everything done.

Youtube: black
OBS: black
Webcam: is on, with light on top
Scene: done

I'm worried that maybe I miss some plugins or stuff like that.. But my pc is pretty update on everything

Can you maybe suggest me a diffrent software?

Thanks a lot anyway for your answer!!

Reactions: PhysicsFreak101

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If it's a Logitech webcam, you may need to install the custom drivers from the website, and that might work. I would also try googling if your specific webcam was glitched in the windows update a while back, it happened to a lot of people and I don't think Microsoft has fixed it yet. Glad to be of use! XD

Reactions: Chef Cotoletta

Chef Cotoletta

Reaction score
If it's a Logitech webcam, you may need to install the custom drivers from the website, and that might work. I would also try googling if your specific webcam was glitched in the windows update a while back, it happened to a lot of people and I don't think Microsoft has fixed it yet. Glad to be of use! XD
Thank you! That is very interesting..
cheers