LIMITATIONS of not creating content in ENGLISH - feedback wanted!

Please also answer this poll in ADDITION to your reply! :)

• Stick with your Danish channel - you've got something good, that you should not let go off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CuwwaYT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Hey guys,

Thanks so much for clicking on this thread. I really want to hear what you guys think about this specific topic.

I'm Danish, and I live in Denmark. I've been creating content on this channel for a while now, and it's actually quite succesful in my opinion. BUT... I've been thinking a lot. My current Danish channel has over 1.200 subscribers, most of those are active and engaging viewers.

I'm an excellent English-speaker, and the thought of limiting myself, because I'm creating content exclusively in Danish - well, that frightens me, to be honest. Denmark's not a very big country, you see. Only about five and a half million people live here, and the viewership for the country is quite limited - only about 200.000 people watch YouTube. I mean, that number is growing, but still.

SO. To make my future viewership virtually unlimited, I've been wanting to start "over" on a channel, where I'll post the same kind of content, simply in English, instead of Danish. I'm not starting completely from scratch, since I'm sure that some of my Danish viewers would also follow me on my new channel. Actually, I've already created my English channel, and around 30% of my viewers have followed me on there as well.
But I'm not sure as to wether it would be a good idea. The English "market" for my kind of content is quite saturated in my opinion, and I'm pretty sure that it'll be almost impossible to "make it" - after all, I've got something good right now, that I've worked hard for. I've been growing at an immense pace for quite a while, and my views:likes/comments ratio is also very, very healthy. Even better than some channels more than twice the size of mine. That limiting factor makes me uneasy, though. :I

I don't feel like doing both - I want to devote my somewhat limited time in to being consistent on one platform.

I'm also going to live in the United States for ten months, during the next year of school (following this one.) I want to keep creating content while I'm there, but do you think it would be weird sitting there, in America, speaking Danish, and so on? Hmmm... ANY FEEDBACK WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED! :D

Last edited:

FraYoshi

GNU lover ^^
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger, Designer, Animator
I suggest to swich english, I did the same ;)

You'll reach MORE people, but You'll need something that is not usual on the worldwide YouTube...
Because You'll have more than "only" 200k people to face!! And You are something like a "brand New" international channel..

Personally.. I upload some formats (VLogs on films) in national language and videoTAGs, collaborations and a specific format in english (but I subtitle anything in non-national language :)

Last edited:

mindway

Rock 'N Roll
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
clearly you hesitate but it's up to you, honestly you want build Danish audience or English audience ?
i'll suggest English cause there's large number of people who understand English however it should be your choice not mine soo i dunno ^^:D

Reactions: FraYoshi

CuwwaYT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
clearly you hesitate but it's up to you, honestly you want build Danish audience or English audience ?
i'll suggest English cause there's large number of people who understand English however it should be your choice not mine soo i dunno ^^:D
Thanks for your feedback - well, to be fair, I'd prefer an English audience, since the number of potential viewers is basically unlimited. WHAT DO I DO? Hmm... SO TORN, God damn it! :D[DOUBLEPOST=1443828451,1443828416][/DOUBLEPOST]
I suggest to swich english, I did the same ;)

You'll reach MORE people, but You'll need something that is not usual on the worldwide YouTube...
Because You'll have more than "only" 200k people to face!! And You are something like a "brand New" international channel..

Personally.. I upload some formats (VLogs on films) in national language and videoTAGs, collaborations and a specific format in english (but I subtitle anything in non-national language :)
Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated. :)

Reactions: FraYoshi

mindway

Rock 'N Roll
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Thanks for your feedback - well, to be fair, I'd prefer an English audience, since the number of potential viewers is basically unlimited. WHAT DO I DO? Hmm... SO TORN, God damn it! :D
You're welcome anytime, Best of luck. :D

CuwwaYT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Hey guys,

Thanks so much for clicking on this thread. I really want to hear what you guys think about this specific topic.

I'm Danish, and I live in Denmark. I've been creating content on this channel for a while now, and it's actually quite succesful in my opinion. BUT... I've been thinking a lot. My current Danish channel has over 1.200 subscribers, most of those are active and engaging viewers.

I'm an excellent English-speaker, and the thought of limiting myself, because I'm creating content exclusively in Danish - well, that frightens me, to be honest. Denmark's not a very big country, you see. Only about five and a half million people live here, and the viewership for the country is quite limited - only about 200.000 people watch YouTube. I mean, that number is growing, but still.

SO. To make my future viewership virtually unlimited, I've been wanting to start "over" on a channel, where I'll post the same kind of content, simply in English, instead of Danish. I'm not starting completely from scratch, since I'm sure that some of my Danish viewers would also follow me on my new channel. Actually, I've already created my English channel, and around 30% of my viewers have followed me on there as well.
But I'm not sure as to wether it would be a good idea. The English "market" for my kind of content is quite saturated in my opinion, and I'm pretty sure that it'll be almost impossible to "make it" - after all, I've got something good right now, that I've worked hard for. I've been growing at an immense pace for quite a while, and my views:likes/comments ratio is also very, very healthy. Even better than some channels more than twice the size of mine. That limiting factor makes me uneasy, though. :I

I don't feel like doing both - I want to devote my somewhat limited time in to being consistent on one platform.

I'm also going to live in the United States for ten months, during the next year of school (following this one.) I want to keep creating content while I'm there, but do you think it would be weird sitting there, in America, speaking Danish, and so on? Hmmm... ANY FEEDBACK WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED! :D

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey!
I myself started off doing English on the idea that it would get more attention even though my main language is Russian.
So far I have enjoyed it! The biggest issue is yes, saturation, but hey it does not hurt to give it a shot?

Try maybe a week or so of doing both channels and see if the new one grows and if any of your subscribers come.
If not maybe another time.

It's like a business, you have to expand to different places but it's always a gamble. :p

weeeben

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Seeing as though your from a relatively small populated country i'd go with english.
Just wondering, how many of those 200,000 danish youtubers speak english too? i'm guessing most do.

Jack Decker

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
First, I tried to find your English-language channel but couldn't. Please give a link to it or at least give its channel name so we can look it over. That is IF you want input more than just on your original question.

Second, going ONLY by the graphics in your thumbnails (since I don't know Danish), it looks like you mainly cover soccer video games. If so, keep your European release schedule. Soccer isn't popular at all in the USA. Less than even ice hockey. If you're monetized and your current release time would be when you're asleep or in school in the US, use the scheduler to maintain your European release time.

Third, yes, I would concur with the others here. Switch to English. It is the international language. In fact, there's more English speakers in China than there are citizens in the USA. English is taught in China from elementary school on up.

Riddikore

Overseer of Earth Realm
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Duplicate threads merged