LIMITATIONS of not creating content in ENGLISH - feedback wanted!

Please also answer this poll in ADDITION to your reply! :)

• Stick with your Danish channel - you've got something good, that you should not let go off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CuwwaYT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
First, I tried to find your English-language channel but couldn't. Please give a link to it or at least give its channel name so we can look it over. That is IF you want input more than just on your original question.

Second, going ONLY by the graphics in your thumbnails (since I don't know Danish), it looks like you mainly cover soccer video games. If so, keep your European release schedule. Soccer isn't popular at all in the USA. Less than even ice hockey. If you're monetized and your current release time would be when you're asleep or in school in the US, use the scheduler to maintain your European release time.

Third, yes, I would concur with the others here. Switch to English. It is the international language. In fact, there's more English speakers in China than there are citizens in the USA. English is taught in China from elementary school on up.
Hey Jack, Thank you so much for your in-depth answer - I think you made some really great points in your reply, so thanks for that! I'm not allowed to post links on here, but please just search for the channel "Madrah" on YouTube, if you want to have a look. I'm very consistent usually, I haven't been able to as of late, because I've been sick. Any further feedback will be much appreciated. :)

PS: I would suggest having a look at my HITMAN: Absolution-videos, if you want to get an idea of what I do. I'm really satisfied with those, and that's basically the style I'm aiming for. :)

Last edited:

Jack Decker

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Jack, Thank you so much for your in-depth answer...
My pleasure.

As you then said...

Any further feedback will be much appreciated.
I will give you my two cents on your channel after these replies.

I'm not allowed to post links on here,...
Change the link to your channel that appears at the bottom of all your posts here on YTtalk (the link in the red box) to your English channel since you are wanting to switch over to it anyway.

...but please just search for the channel "Madrah" on YouTube, if you want to have a look.
Did and found it.

I'm very consistent usually, I haven't been able to as of late, because I've been sick.
See my Suggestion #12

PS: I would suggest having a look at my HITMAN: Absolution-videos, if you want to get an idea of what I do. I'm really satisfied with the those, and that's basically the style I'm aiming for. :)
Alright. I watched the first one until I hit the Diana scene. I will explain why I stopped in Suggestion #8. Now my two cents.

1) In the first Hitman video, it wasn't until 6:30 that you dropped the bombshell that your uncle is part of gaming company that makes the Hitman series. You treat it as a cute little fact (almost an aside comment) when it is anything but. Ask (plead, beg) your uncle to sit down and do a video interview with you about Hitman for your channel. Break that interview up into bite-size pieces and release one a day. Pretty much each Q&A can be its own video. The question you ask becomes the video's title. After all of the Q&A videos have been released, release the whole interview in one video. Ask if he would let you film him at his work. Ask if he could give you a tour of the company and let you film him doing so. See if he can open some doors for you to video interview others at the gaming company. Don't do all interviews in one day. Do at most one a day. Better yet, do one, edit it, break it into Q&A bite-size pieces, release one Q&A video a day, release the whole when all the bite-size pieces have been released, and THEN interview a new person at the gaming company. Lather, rinse, repeat. And these interview videos are in ADDITION to your regular gaming videos. You're sitting on a gold mine. Mine it!

HOWEVER, if your uncle works on other computer games, do those as well. Have your channel specialize in the computer games your uncle works on. No matter what genre they're in. Yes, even if he works on a computer game for My Little Pony, you cover it and do Let's Play videos about it. You've got a HUGE "in" because of your uncle. Capitalize on it. And the more successful your YouTube channel becomes, the more it should help your uncle in his career. You two can mutually benefit each other.

Now everything I say next is insignificant in comparison to Suggestion #1 above. Seriously. The above is your ticket onto a gravy train. FORGET all other computer games. I know you're a kid and you probably don't understand how awesome your good fortune is but, trust me, you're unbelievably lucky. Don't waste this opportunity!

2) It is great that you are putting a video image of yourself in the upper right corner of your gaming videos. However, you need it more front on. You're talking TO the viewer, not the game. Gaming channels are ALL about connecting to their viewers. You wouldn't want someone to always look somewhere else when talking to you, would you? So don't in your videos. And when you're not having to watch what you're doing on the computer screen, look directly into the camera. Yes, it will feel weird at first but you'll get used to it. Think of the camera as one of your viewers. Talk to the camera as you would your most favorite viewer.

3) You need to better light your image. Yes, yes, it is a small image but that means lighting is even more important. There are a TON of YouTube DIY videos on how to properly and CHEAPLY light a small set. You're WAY too dark right now. When looking at lighting, I would suggest you consider using color gels for the background and see if they make your videos more visually interesting or at least different from other gaming channels. I would also recommend a "warm" light on your face.

4) Only use ONE ear bud and then hide its wire as best as you can. Yes, I know you need to hear what's going on in the game BUT, again, you're trying to connect to the viewer. Would you want to converse with someone who has ear buds in their ears? So don't in your videos.

5) Your background is as much of a character as you are in your videos. Put up Hitman movie posters in the background. There are TONS of different Hitman movie posters. Get them and regularly rotate them on the wall behind you for each video. Be sure to test shoot. You don't want any poster reflecting light into your camera. Adjust as needed.

6) What you wear can greatly increase the visual of your videos. As you should be ONLY playing Hitman, dress like Hitman. Yup, suit and tie. No, you don't need to shave your head and tattoo a bar code on the back of it. However, go to a make-up shop and buy a bald cap and temporary bar code tattoos. Gaming is all about immersion. The more you look part of the game, the more fans of that game will like you and your videos. [And, yes, dress up as a pink pony if your uncle works on a My Little Pony computer game when you do videos for it. :laugh2: ]

7) It is great that you jump cut in your videos. Do more of it. Only present your best performance. Jump cut to it. The better the video content you present, the better your videos will be. No one likes sitting through boring content. No one likes see someone else grind UNLESS they're cracking jokes left and right while they do.

8) Don't show cut scenes. You will instantly lose gamers when they find out that you show cut scenes. They want to experience those for the first time when they play themselves. The killing of Diana was one of those cut scenes and why I stopped watching that and all your other videos. I mean I might want to play the game myself someday and you've now spoiled that scene for me. And, no, there's no excuse for doing so. It isn't part of a tutorial or a walk-through. It is a spoiler. I would STRONGLY encourage you do re-edit your videos and cut out these cut scenes and don't show them in the future videos. If you want me to continue reviewing your videos, cut out the cut scenes and then tell you have done so in a reply to this thread and I might continue reviewing them.

9) Sorry, but no one cares about your mad gaming skills. What they might care about is YOU. Unless you're doing a tutorial/walk-through, show more of your failures and your reactions to them than your successes. If you react in the right way, people will laugh. Not to mention, narrating your game play in a funny way. Giving nameless meaningless cannon-fodder characters their own names and background life stories ... which you then end by killing them. NEVER underestimate the value of laughter. If you can get your viewers to regularly laugh, success is guaranteed on YouTube. But that is genuine laughter. Them literally laughing out loud. As for what kind of humor to do, there are a lot of different humor styles. From the British dry to in-your-face New Jersey style. Read up on them. Which one is closest to your style of humor? Research it. Watch videos of comedians who do that style. Incorporate as much of it as you can in your videos.

10) It is great that you did a channel trailer. Now make another. Don't state the obvious, as you did when you told people who are viewing it that they're not subscribed to you. Shorten it to between 30 seconds and a minute long. First talk about the game (Hitman) you play on your channel as you show clips of you doing so ... then who you are (people subscribe to people, not channel) ... then tell your release schedule ... and then do ONE call-to-action and that is for them to subscribe. Don't monetize your intro video. The intro video is an ad for your channel. Don't have another's ad hurt your ad.

11) Increase your release schedule to daily. You're a gaming channel. You are trying to develop a relationship with your viewers. That takes being part of their daily life. It is also what you need to do to be competitive.

12) If you are monetized, you can use the scheduler to regularly release videos. Always always ALWAYS build up a backlog of videos sitting in your scheduler. Do this not just for vacation time but in case you get sick, your computer crashes, your internet connection goes down, you get writer's block, etc. It also gives you breathing space. If you release a video everyday, fourteen videos in your scheduler represents two weeks of episodes before you have to produce another video.

13) Work on your thumbnails and video titles. Do a YouTube search on how to do thumbnails and video titles. There's a lot of good videos out there about both topics.

14) Subscribe to Tim Schmoyer's "Video Creators" and mine its archive. You can and should spend days in its archive.

15) Make up a flyer. Use yellow paper to draw the eye. Have tear-off tabs at its bottom that has your channel's name and its YouTube URL. Post it everywhere you can within reasonable driving distance. By "reasonable" I mean as far as you are willing go to promote your channel. Laundry mats, bus stops, supermarket bulletin boards, and telephone poles at intersections are good places to post. Get a map of your city and mark on it where you've posted them. Once a week, revisit those locations and replace missing, all tear-off tabs gone, torn, etc. posters. Always keep a box of these flyers in your car so when you travel, you have them right there with you and you can post them wherever you go. If you go on a trip, put a stack of posters into one of your suitcases and take a half day and post everywhere there.

16) At your school, start a YouTuber Club. Talk to your teachers about creating it. Get a teacher to be its sponsor. Ideally a teacher who knows how to work a camera, lighting, etc. Your best bet is your art teacher! Ask the teacher if those who make videos for the club can get extra credit from their teachers (or at least the art teacher) and ask the teacher to pitch this to the principal. Getting extra credit will pull in some kids. The key to the club is the teacher who runs it. Find a teacher who is excited about doing it. The teacher can then invite local video production companies and TV stations to come and speak to your group. Don't just invite news anchors and radio talk show hosts, but separately invite camera operators, sound technicians, producers, editors, etc. They have a HUGE wealth of knowledge that your club can mine.

Be inclusive. The club must be open to all grades in your school and all students are welcome. Don't let it become a clique. Meet weekly. Every meeting, show all the videos that all the members did over the last week. Applaud and comment. Encourage. Help each other. Collaborate with each other. Appear in each other's videos. Do skits. Have a group discussion video. Make cookies together. Brainstorm, brainstorm, brainstorm. But most importantly of all, have fun.

And when you get to America next year, start up a YouTube club at that school as well. In fact, contact the teachers who will be teaching you next year and see if they would be interested in doing so. They'll like your initiative and forethought. Then when you come, the teacher is already to help launch the YouTube club for you. They might even start it up this year so it is already in operation when you come next year. The club will be a great way to make American friends. And it doesn't hurt your popularity in that club by coming in with a successful channel. ;)

17) Lastly but most importantly, collaborate, collaborate, and collaborate. You're a small channel right now but everyone has to start from somewhere. Your best bet is to contact local YouTube channels. As you grow, contact larger and larger gaming channels that match your new size. Always propose an activity for the collaboration and never just that you want to do one. After you release a collaboration video, send links to it to other local YouTubers to show them how you do collaborations and invite them again to do one with you. Go to ALL YouTube conventions that you can afford to go to and your parents will let you attend. Find out who's going and suggest you meet up for at least an interview of them. Doing it while you're at a friendly restaurant gives it a good backdrop. Don't worry about the sound.

Last edited:

CuwwaYT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
My pleasure.

As you then said...

Change the link to your channel that appears at the bottom of all your posts here on YTtalk (the link in the red box) to your English channel since you are wanting to switch over to it anyway.

Did and found it.

See my Suggestion #12

Alright. I watched the first one until I hit the Diana scene. I will explain why I stopped in Suggestion #8. Now my two cents.

1) In the first Hitman video, it wasn't until 6:30 that you dropped the bombshell that your uncle is part of gaming company that makes the Hitman series. You treat it as a cute little fact (almost an aside comment) when it is anything but. Ask (plead, beg) your uncle to sit down and do a video interview with you about Hitman for your channel. Break that interview up into bite-size pieces and release one a day. Pretty much each Q&A can be its own video. The question you ask becomes the video's title. After all of the Q&A videos have been released, release the whole interview in one video. Ask if he would let you film him at his work. Ask if he could give you a tour of the company and let you film him doing so. See if he can open some doors for you to video interview others at the gaming company. Don't do all interviews in one day. Do at most one a day. Better yet, do one, edit it, break it into Q&A bite-size pieces, release one Q&A video a day, release the whole when all the bite-size pieces have been released, and THEN interview a new person at the gaming company. Lather, rinse, repeat. And these interview videos are in ADDITION to your regular gaming videos. You're sitting on a gold mine. Mine it!

HOWEVER, if your uncle works on other computer games, do those as well. Have your channel specialize in the computer games your uncle works on. No matter what genre they're in. Yes, even if he works on a computer game for My Little Pony, you cover it and do Let's Play videos about it. You've got a HUGE "in" because of your uncle. Capitalize on it. And the more successful your YouTube channel becomes, the more it should help your uncle in his career. You two can mutually benefit each other.

Now everything I say next is insignificant in comparison to Suggestion #1 above. Seriously. The above is your ticket onto a gravy train. FORGET all other computer games. I know you're a kid and you probably don't understand how awesome your good fortune is but, trust me, you're unbelievably lucky. Don't waste this opportunity!

2) It is great that you are putting a video image of yourself in the upper right corner of your gaming videos. However, you need it more front on. You're talking TO the viewer, not the game. Gaming channels are ALL about connecting to their viewers. You wouldn't want someone to always look somewhere else when talking to you, would you? So don't in your videos. And when you're not having to watch what you're doing on the computer screen, look directly into the camera. Yes, it will feel weird at first but you'll get used to it. Think of the camera as one of your viewers. Talk to the camera as you would your most favorite viewer.

3) You need to better light your image. Yes, yes, it is a small image but that means lighting is even more important. There are a TON of YouTube DIY videos on how to properly and CHEAPLY light a small set. You're WAY too dark right now. When looking at lighting, I would suggest you consider using color gels for the background and see if they make your videos more visually interesting or at least different from other gaming channels. I would also recommend a "warm" light on your face.

4) Only use ONE ear bud and then hide its wire as best as you can. Yes, I know you need to hear what's going on in the game BUT, again, you're trying to connect to the viewer. Would you want to converse with someone who has ear buds in their ears? So don't in your videos.

5) Your background is as much of a character as you are in your videos. Put up Hitman movie posters in the background. There are TONS of different Hitman movie posters. Get them and regularly rotate them on the wall behind you for each video. Be sure to test shoot. You don't want any poster reflecting light into your camera. Adjust as needed.

6) What you wear can greatly increase the visual of your videos. As you should be ONLY playing Hitman, dress like Hitman. Yup, suit and tie. No, you don't need to shave your head and tattoo a bar code on the back of it. However, go to a make-up shop and buy a bald cap and temporary bar code tattoos. Gaming is all about immersion. The more you look part of the game, the more fans of that game will like you and your videos. [And, yes, dress up as a pink pony if your uncle works on a My Little Pony computer game when you do videos for it. :laugh2: ]

7) It is great that you jump cut in your videos. Do more of it. Only present your best performance. Jump cut to it. The better the video content you present, the better your videos will be. No one likes sitting through boring content. No one likes see someone else grind UNLESS they're cracking jokes left and right while they do.

8) Don't show cut scenes. You will instantly lose gamers when they find out that you show cut scenes. They want to experience those for the first time when they play themselves. The killing of Diana was one of those cut scenes and why I stopped watching that and all your other videos. I mean I might want to play the game myself someday and you've now spoiled that scene for me. And, no, there's no excuse for doing so. It isn't part of a tutorial or a walk-through. It is a spoiler. I would STRONGLY encourage you do re-edit your videos and cut out these cut scenes and don't show them in the future videos. If you want me to continue reviewing your videos, cut out the cut scenes and then tell you have done so in a reply to this thread and I might continue reviewing them.

9) Sorry, but no one cares about your mad gaming skills. What they might care about is YOU. Unless you're doing a tutorial/walk-through, show more of your failures and your reactions to them than your successes. If you react in the right way, people will laugh. Not to mention, narrating your game play in a funny way. Giving nameless meaningless cannon-fodder characters their own names and background life stories ... which you then end by killing them. NEVER underestimate the value of laughter. If you can get your viewers to regularly laugh, success is guaranteed on YouTube. But that is genuine laughter. Them literally laughing out loud. As for what kind of humor to do, there are a lot of different humor styles. From the British dry to in-your-face New Jersey style. Read up on them. Which one is closest to your style of humor? Research it. Watch videos of comedians who do that style. Incorporate as much of it as you can in your videos.

10) It is great that you did a channel trailer. Now make another. Don't state the obvious, as you did when you told people who are viewing it that they're not subscribed to you. Shorten it to between 30 seconds and a minute long. First talk about the game (Hitman) you play on your channel as you show clips of you doing so ... then who you are (people subscribe to people, not channel) ... then tell your release schedule ... and then do ONE call-to-action and that is for them to subscribe. Don't monetize your intro video. The intro video is an ad for your channel. Don't have another's ad hurt your ad.

11) Increase your release schedule to daily. You're a gaming channel. You are trying to develop a relationship with your viewers. That takes being part of their daily life. It is also what you need to do to be competitive.

12) If you are monetized, you can use the scheduler to regularly release videos. Always always ALWAYS build up a backlog of videos sitting in your scheduler. Do this not just for vacation time but in case you get sick, your computer crashes, your internet connection goes down, you get writer's block, etc. It also gives you breathing space. If you release a video everyday, fourteen videos in your scheduler represents two weeks of episodes before you have to produce another video.

13) Work on your thumbnails and video titles. Do a YouTube search on how to do thumbnails and video titles. There's a lot of good videos out there about both topics.

14) Subscribe to Tim Schmoyer's "Video Creators" and mine its archive. You can and should spend days in its archive.

15) Make up a flyer. Use yellow paper to draw the eye. Have tear-off tabs at its bottom that has your channel's name and its YouTube URL. Post it everywhere you can within reasonable driving distance. By "reasonable" I mean as far as you are willing go to promote your channel. Laundry mats, bus stops, supermarket bulletin boards, and telephone poles at intersections are good places to post. Get a map of your city and mark on it where you've posted them. Once a week, revisit those locations and replace missing, all tear-off tabs gone, torn, etc. posters. Always keep a box of these flyers in your car so when you travel, you have them right there with you and you can post them wherever you go. If you go on a trip, put a stack of posters into one of your suitcases and take a half day and post everywhere there.

16) At your school, start a YouTuber Club. Talk to your teachers about creating it. Get a teacher to be its sponsor. Ideally a teacher who knows how to work a camera, lighting, etc. Your best bet is your art teacher! Ask the teacher if those who make videos for the club can get extra credit from their teachers (or at least the art teacher) and ask the teacher to pitch this to the principal. Getting extra credit will pull in some kids. The key to the club is the teacher who runs it. Find a teacher who is excited about doing it. The teacher can then invite local video production companies and TV stations to come and speak to your group. Don't just invite news anchors and radio talk show hosts, but separately invite camera operators, sound technicians, producers, editors, etc. They have a HUGE wealth of knowledge that your club can mine.

Be inclusive. The club must be open to all grades in your school and all students are welcome. Don't let it become a clique. Meet weekly. Every meeting, show all the videos that all the members did over the last week. Applaud and comment. Encourage. Help each other. Collaborate with each other. Appear in each other's videos. Do skits. Have a group discussion video. Make cookies together. Brainstorm, brainstorm, brainstorm. But most importantly of all, have fun.

And when you get to America next year, start up a YouTube club at that school as well. In fact, contact the teachers who will be teaching you next year and see if they would be interested in doing so. They'll like your initiative and forethought. Then when you come, the teacher is already to help launch the YouTube club for you. They might even start it up this year so it is already in operation when you come next year. The club will be a great way to make American friends. And it doesn't hurt your popularity in that club by coming in with a successful channel. ;)

17) Lastly but most importantly, collaborate, collaborate, and collaborate. You're a small channel right now but everyone has to start from somewhere. Your best bet is to contact local YouTube channels. As you grow, contact larger and larger gaming channels that match your new size. Always propose an activity for the collaboration and never just that you want to do one. After you release a collaboration video, send links to it to other local YouTubers to show them how you do collaborations and invite them again to do one with you. Go to ALL YouTube conventions that you can afford to go to and your parents will let you attend. Find out who's going and suggest you meet up for at least an interview of them. Doing it while you're at a friendly restaurant gives it a good backdrop. Don't worry about the sound.
WOOW! Thank you SO much for the extensive time and effort you put into this!! :) I've read through your reply a few times, and I'm amazed. That Q&A idea is on point, thank you so much for that. I didn't see the great potential that it has, and I really appreciate that you've taken your time, and thought about what I could do. A lot of the stuff you mentioned are things I didn't necessarily pay enough attention to, and it's SO great to get another pair of eyes to look at what I've been doing. I'm very, very grateful, and I'm blown away by the huge effort that you put into this. I'm not sure how I'd be able to repay you, but I really want to, in some way - because I feel like your feedback could be a real game changer for everything I do.

I'm still somewhat worried about the saturation, but with enough effort and cleverness in coming up with unique stuff, I'm confident I'll do well.

Kind Regards.

Reactions: Jack Decker

Kate's Adventures

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think if it were me, I'd put English subtitles onto the existing Danish videos and create a second channel for videos in English. I'd probably want to experiment for a while with uploading new content to them both but that's just my personal preference.

CuwwaYT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
My pleasure.

As you then said...

Did and found it.

See my Suggestion #12

PS: Since the first HITMAN: Absolution episode, I've been using a different camera to capture my face - if you'd take a look, do you still recommend that I get some lights? I guess I will, since I'd like to be able to capture at night. :)

Jack Decker

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
WOOW! Thank you SO much for the extensive time and effort you put into this!! :) I've read through your reply a few times, and I'm amazed.
My pleasure.

That Q&A idea is on point, thank you so much for that. I didn't see the great potential that it has, and I really appreciate that you've taken your time, and thought about what I could do. A lot of the stuff you mentioned are things I didn't necessarily pay enough attention to, and it's SO great to get another pair of eyes to look at what I've been doing.
That is one of the reasons that businesses hire marketing consultants like me. A fresh pair of experienced knowledgeable eyes is always a good thing. That and I have likely done different things than the client and I can bring that to the table as well.

I'm very, very grateful, and I'm blown away by the huge effort that you put into this. I'm not sure how I'd be able to repay you, but I really want to, in some way - because I feel like your feedback could be a real game changer for everything I do.
When I launch my YouTube game show, you can return the favor by looking at it with your eyes. ;)

I'm still somewhat worried about the saturation, but with enough effort and cleverness in coming up with unique stuff, I'm confident I'll do well.
Saturation is a relative term. Gaming channels are about relationships. The YouTuber with his audience. If you release an episode a day at the exact same time everyday, your subscribers will become used to it and even expect it. You'll be part of their daily routine. Like how an older generation always read the newspaper when having their morning cup of coffee. If their paper didn't arrive, they would feel off for the entire day. That is what you and all gaming channels need to become. A stress-relieving enjoyable habit. But you can only become that if you release daily.[DOUBLEPOST=1443892302,1443891870][/DOUBLEPOST]
PS: Since the first HITMAN: Absolution episode, I've been using a different camera to capture my face - if you'd take a look, do you still recommend that I get some lights? I guess I will, since I'd like to be able to capture at night. :)
It is a better camera but you still need to work on lighting. The right side of your face (from your perspective) is still too dark. Again, there are TONS of YouTube DIY videos about cheap small set lighting. Watch a bunch and figure out what works for you ... or what equipment is actually available locally that you can buy. Don't buy professional lighting. You don't film in public and it is insanely overpriced. The good DIY videos will tell you what to get at your local hardware / home supply stores.

Also, to see the different camera, I watched "HITMAN: ABSOLUTION / FANCY HOTEL, EH?! - #3" and you started that video with a cut scene. Cut that out. [pun intended] See Suggestion #8 for why.[DOUBLEPOST=1443892616][/DOUBLEPOST]One more thing. You might want to print off my long list of suggestions, post it to a wall, and use a big fat red marker to check off ones that you've done. That way you'll feel and see that you're making progress and will less likely feel overwhelmed each time you look at the list.

Reactions: CuwwaYT

CuwwaYT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
My pleasure.

That is one of the reasons that businesses hire marketing consultants like me. A fresh pair of experienced knowledgeable eyes is always a good thing. That and I have likely done different things than the client and I can bring that to the table as well.

When I launch my YouTube game show, you can return the favor by looking at it with your eyes. ;)

Saturation is a relative term. Gaming channels are about relationships. The YouTuber with his audience. If you release an episode a day at the exact same time everyday, your subscribers will become used to it and even expect it. You'll be part of their daily routine. Like how an older generation always read the newspaper when having their morning cup of coffee. If their paper didn't arrive, they would feel off for the entire day. That is what you and all gaming channels need to become. A stress-relieving enjoyable habit. But you can only become that if you release daily.[DOUBLEPOST=1443892302,1443891870][/DOUBLEPOST]

It is a better camera but you still need to work on lighting. The right side of your face (from your perspective) is still too dark. Again, there are TONS of YouTube DIY videos about cheap small set lighting. Watch a bunch and figure out what works for you ... or what equipment is actually available locally that you can buy. Don't buy professional lighting. You don't film in public and it is insanely overpriced. The good DIY videos will tell you what to get at your local hardware / home supply stores.

Also, to see the different camera, I watched "HITMAN: ABSOLUTION / FANCY HOTEL, EH?! - #3" and you started that video with a cut scene. Cut that out. [pun intended] See Suggestion #8 for why.[DOUBLEPOST=1443892616][/DOUBLEPOST]One more thing. You might want to print off my long list of suggestions, post it to a wall, and use a big fat red marker to check off ones that you've done. That way you'll feel and see that you're making progress and will less likely feel overwhelmed each time you look at the list.
I'll definitely look out for your show on YouTube, once it's kicked off. Thanks again!! :)

CuwwaYT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
My pleasure.

My pleasure.

Another entirely different thing/project I'd really like your thoughts on, if you've got the time: :)

For as long as I can remember, I've been incredibly interested in taking in as much knowledge as I've been able to - which means it's sometimes been incredibly random, but still very interesting stuff. Basically just random facts, concerning anything and everything. When I sometimes share such random knowledge, people seem to react really well, most commonly by laughing and/or seeming surprised - and most of the time, it also furthers conversation in a positive manner. That specific reaction seems really well fitting in a format such as YouTube, in my opinion.

For a few years, I've been playing around with the thought of starting a show on YouTube, which would be centered on said subject - random facts. Sometimes with longer, and somewhat "advaced", but still very easy-to-understand-videos about more elaborate subjects, such as bigger questions. I would then research those, and create a videos about the subjects/questions.

Recently, I decided to scour YouTube for anything that would resemble the idea that I had come up with. As it turns out, a pretty well known channel, "Thoughty2", which I had never heard of before, was and is already doing pretty much exactly what I'd like to do. The channel and the content is also structured in the same way I would like to do my thing.

I really don't know what to make of this - I don't want to "copy" said channel, but then again, I had never heard of the channel before, and that fact makes it hard to "accept", that I'd probably end up being accused of copying that channel, and what it does - apparantly really well it seems.

The series that Thoughty2 has got going, called "RIF - Random Interesting Facts" is a great example of exactly what I'd like to do. If you've got the time, have a look at that to get a more specific idea.

I really like the thought of both projects - a gaming-channel and this other idea - but I'd love to do this as well - not necessarily at the same time.

What do you make of this? I'd love to hear what you think.

Kind regards.

Reactions: Jack Decker

Jack Decker

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Recently, I decided to scour YouTube for anything that would resemble the idea that I had come up with. As it turns out, a pretty well known channel, "Thoughty2", which I had never heard of before, was and is already doing pretty much exactly what I'd like to do. The channel and the content is also structured in the same way I would like to do my thing.
There are tons of such YouTube channels. I subscribe to Thoughty2 and it is just gaining traction right now. There is AsapSCIENCE, list25, Matthew Santoro, Mental Floss, MinuteEarth, minutephysics, SciShow, SciShow Kids, SciShow Space, Slapped Ham, SmarterEveryDay, Top10Archive, Top15s, Top Media, TopTenz, Veritasium, Vsauce, Vsauce2, Vsauce3, and WatchMojo. And those are just the ones I subscribe to. There are TONS more.

I really don't know what to make of this - I don't want to "copy" said channel, but then again, I had never heard of the channel before, and that fact makes it hard to "accept", that I'd probably end up being accused of copying that channel, and what it does - apparently really well it seems.
No one will accuse you of copying a list show. There are TONS of them. It is actually one of the best kinds of YouTube shows to start up as they are HIGHLY searchable by search engines and lend themselves easily to current news events.

I really like the thought of both projects - a gaming-channel and this other idea - but I'd love to do this as well - not necessarily at the same time.
Do one or the other but not both. Either will eat up all your time. If they don't, you need to step up your game and improve their quality. If you try to do both, you WILL burn out. Guaranteed.

HOWEVER, please read my Suggestion #1 again. It is a GOLD MINE. Do NOT walk away from a GOLD MINE. Thank your lucky stars and do your Hitman gaming channel with your insider uncle helping you. If you up your game on that channel, the gaming company that makes Hitman will very likely want to help make you successful. From their perspective, your Hitman gaming channel is essentially pure advertising for their game. Use your uncle to network. Talk to the gaming company's marketing team. Any little help from them can MASSIVELY help your YouTube channel.[DOUBLEPOST=1443898961,1443898155][/DOUBLEPOST]Also realize that you can give your fun trivia while doing your gaming channel. Banter. Witty banter is what makes or breaks gaming channels. So toss in the odd interesting fact as you do your gaming channel and it will help that channel. Your subscribers will get used to you doing so and even start expecting more of the same in the future. It can even be what makes your gaming channel stand out from other gaming channels.

Reactions: CuwwaYT