Let's play video help

Ashley Coutts

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys,

So I'm in the process of starting my YouTube channel, I am wanting to do this as a bit of a hobby as I love gaming of all genres and would like to get involved in creating content on YouTube. I am looking for a little advice / feedback on an Idea I have.

I have seen loads of let's play videos on YouTube, all great in different ways due to the creators personality...I am struggling to decide how I can make my channel different.

My initial starting idea - I love playing scary / horror games however I jump through the roof and am terrified at the same time. I am considering making this my angle to maybe keep people coming back once I have a few subscribers.

What are peoples opinions on this? good angle? or a bit cliché?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
It's one of those things where if you can do it well it will be amazing!
If you get scared easily in horror games just play them and let your reactions come naturally you never know people might find it funny!

Personally what we do to keep our channel a bit more "original" is we have a fancy edit style it takes a lot more time but something like that can really help you stand out. :)

Ashley Coutts

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Awesome, thanks DigiBox.

I tend to be quite jumpy when watching horror films and playing games, hence I am thinking of using it as a starting point.

Appreciate the advice.

Reactions: DigiBox

radialDomo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's one of those things where if you can do it well it will be amazing!
If you get scared easily in horror games just play them and let your reactions come naturally you never know people might find it funny!

Personally what we do to keep our channel a bit more "original" is we have a fancy edit style it takes a lot more time but something like that can really help you stand out. :)
I agree, and if you try it out and it doesn't work its not like your really losing anything.

Reactions: Ashley Coutts

Ashley Coutts

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks guys appreciate your advice...just playing around with some channel art and then going to get recording and start having some fun :)