Larning SEO is #1

Jaybabywolf

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Lucky you for doing it unconsciously rather than acquiring the skills to make good tags/keywords~ :) GG
I should probably learn to do it properly at some point, the videos I get to the top of searches only get there if I get my review out timely before everyone else, or if there's not much competition. I'll still get on the first page, but there's always room for improvement!

EposVox

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Actually, it's most effective to learn to do it by nature/subconsciously. Wasting precious time with metadata is generally pretty harmful to a workflow. Spending a dedicated amount of time truly learning your way around it and then just doing it by nature is best.

Watch Time & Viewer Session weighs super heavily on search ranking, so even if you get it half-right and then move onto making more and better content, it's better than getting it fully right and then losing time for your content.

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
SEO: Search Engine Optimization is something I picked up while making websites and blogs for people.

Optimizing your content for search engines is the single most important thing you can do IMO. Aside from having quality content of course.

YouTube is a search engine like GOOGLE, Bing, yahoo etc...

I see people daily who have 100 videos but only 5-20 views per video. How have I been able to get 20-1700 views on my 14 videos? SEO! 70% of my views are from YouTube Search and 25% from google search.

My SEO isn't perfect, but I'm still learning how to perfect it. I recommend looking into it. It is very valuable.
This is perfect and very nice achievement weldon
i want to learn more about SEO so what is your advice for me to start with as a beginner ?
thank you

DramaIRL

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thanks for the useful tips guys. Gonna limit myself to 10 tags now and just be smart with them :D

JaePlay

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for the useful tips guys. Gonna limit myself to 10 tags now and just be smart with them :D
wait! its not 10! its 10 for the video and 10 for your channel!

Sk Jony

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think video tittle and description keyword best result for traffic, also right tags.

JaePlay

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yes, YouTube suggests to use 10 tags that describe the video and 10 that describe the channel so that's what I'm sticking to.
is what she was talking about. its 20, 10 for video and 10 for channel. but not to misinterpret it as 10 total tags!

EposVox

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
But you shouldn't be putting channel tags in the video tag section.

Sabrina

I'm going outside now.
Reaction score
But you shouldn't be putting channel tags in the video tag section.
We have this information from a YT partner manager who took part in an official YT hangout session. He recommended to use about 10 tags describing the video and 10 describing the channel as a whole, and to repeat those channel keywords within a paragraph in each video's description.