Keywords optimization

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi

My channel is slowly moving forward but I want to boost it also in order to make a higher income per month I have posted a lot of videos so far but I am not getting any subs only views. So I tried looking for ways to up my traffic and I saw you can hire a professional to search for better keywords and content description in order for your videos to rank higher.

Should I go that way or is it my content that needs a boost?

rmenga4

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Try TubeBuddy's tag explorer. That will help you in finding keywords that might help you on your YouTube journey.

u_v

Reaction score
You don't want to pay to learn optimization. You can do that yourself, for instance, I have recently (2 days back) posted a video on my channel covering the Basics of YouTube SEO (link in my signature) check it out and see if it helps you (I posted the text version of it here on the forum and a few people found it valuable).

Also, I think, if you've getting views but no subs, maybe you just need to up your content game. If you are getting views by optimizing your videos correctly and promoting them - and still not gaining any following, it is probably because of the following reasons:

1) You don't have any calls-to-action in your videos: at the end of the videos, ask for feedback, comments, likes and subscriptions if you are not already.

2) Your content is not good enough: research well, download better editing software, learn photoshop - all of this can help

3) You are targeting the wrong audience: this can be evident by also looking at the like/dislike ratio to understand whether you've got the correct audience. Maybe you've got great content, maybe you have a lot of views BUT, the people that are watching your videos, are not really looking for what you have to offer. That can be a huge waste.

Let me know if you need any help with anything else!

^uv​

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Try TubeBuddy's tag explorer. That will help you in finding keywords that might help you on your YouTube journey.
I have seen that but isn't it something you have to pay monthly to get access too?[DOUBLEPOST=1456590399,1456590323][/DOUBLEPOST]
You don't want to pay to learn optimization. You can do that yourself, for instance, I have recently (2 days back) posted a video on my channel covering the Basics of YouTube SEO (link in my signature) check it out and see if it helps you (I posted the text version of it here on the forum and a few people found it valuable).

Also, I think, if you've getting views but no subs, maybe you just need to up your content game. If you are getting views by optimizing your videos correctly and promoting them - and still not gaining any following, it is probably because of the following reasons:

1) You don't have any calls-to-action in your videos: at the end of the videos, ask for feedback, comments, likes and subscriptions if you are not already.

2) Your content is not good enough: research well, download better editing software, learn photoshop - all of this can help

3) You are targeting the wrong audience: this can be evident by also looking at the like/dislike ratio to understand whether you've got the correct audience. Maybe you've got great content, maybe you have a lot of views BUT, the people that are watching your videos, are not really looking for what you have to offer. That can be a huge waste.

^uv​
Thank you!
I will go check your video :)[DOUBLEPOST=1456596298][/DOUBLEPOST]

^uv​
The link to your channel docent work? :(

Cabbage Hunters

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The link to your channel docent work? :(
this is the most beautifully ironic thing i've seen in a while.

but yeah like the first homie said definitley get tubebuddy. its free to download. you can pay for extra features, but keyword optimization is free.

u_v

Reaction score
Had the wrong link on my signature, yes, pretty ironic. It's fixed now.

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have downloaded it and it works perfect but is it worth upgrading your license?
I mean it docent cost that much.

I just checked the stats and the competition for gaming is unbelievable how is it even possible to stand out from the crowd and build up a strong channel for this category?

projectorgaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Are you trying to build a gaming channel? I looked at yours (unless the link was wrong), and it was all about cars.