Keyword and tagging....

Lucy81272892

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi guys :) quick question when you're inputting keywords either for your videos or your channel itself how much time would you say is sufficient enough to wait to see how your keywords are working.....also is it terrible to change your videos or channels keywords often.....should you pick a set and stick to it........

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
First use tube buddy or vidiq. It will tell you if they rank. After a few hours the video will starts showing rankings. If they don't rank, it's fine, I think to erase and change them, those words won't bring up your video anyway! I made a post about 3 months ago explaining what I did to one of my videos by monkeying around with the title and tags and to be short, the tag ranking is never set in stone and you can change it, or another will bump you out at anytime.

Dribbling Excadrill

I've Got It
Reaction score
Gaijillionaire gave great advice. A tip if you want to get videos cycled through, put your channel as a tag word as well so your videos keep popping up on the side

DanDaAussie

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yup I would most definetely take advice from the above answers. Tube Buddy and VidIQ Are 2 Awesome ways to find the best Tags for your videos, and where they rank.

Lucy81272892

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the great advice :) By chance does anyone know how one can check to see how your keywords are performing for each individual video, besides using Tubebuddy, is there a way to check in your analytics that I'm just not seeing.......

DanDaAussie

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for the great advice :) By chance does anyone know how one can check to see how your keywords are performing for each individual video, besides using Tubebuddy, is there a way to check in your analytics that I'm just not seeing.......
Can't answer that one, have no idea, xD. Good luck with figuring out them tags for your videos :)

G-Legend

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
TubeBuddy is great for seeing if the keyword ranks. Also always max out the tags section of the video. Always. It is there for you to use.

PinProject

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would say keywords are about quality than quantity you want to make sure you are usng keywords that people actually use try using adwords to help you think of some.