Just started adding the Cards Annotations! Very Good!

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I just realised that I can add the Cards links on videos to other videos, playlists, sites :D I thought wen I added new annotations or captions, etc.. to videos I have already had uploaded a while ago it would create a new videos with them in it and then me needing to delete the original, but it doesn't :D :D

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
At the top right of the video, there is the little Info (i) button wen u hover over the video with your mouse, wen you click on that, it shows up to other videos of my choice. If you watch my video (above) all the way through, you will also see that the video links appear at set times in the video too :p You can add up to 5 videos, playlists, polls and/or website links.[DOUBLEPOST=1462337044,1462336891][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't really understand the card thing. What is it exactly?
I tried to add a video to my above post to be able to show you the Cards working but it wont allow me to :p If you go to my channel and go down to my "Popular Uploads" section and watch my Most Viewed video you will see :D

Reactions: Delightfully Dumb

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have noticed tho, that wen you add Card(s) to your video, it stops the little ad box on the bottom left of the video appearing that you can promote a video or playlist using. :p (If you have the bottom left ad box turned on that is.) :p

Mattaxol

Comedic Gamer and Professional... sh*t
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yep, they're very useful. They can also be used to make polls for your viewers, which can be very useful too. I currently use them about mid-way of the video, if the viewer is bored, they may see the card in the top right appear and click to watch another video to perhaps be entertained by that one instead. Very, very useful feature, I would definitely recommend.
It's basically an advanced annotation.

Reactions: SeanFace101

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I use cards all the time. It's an easy way to promote other videos in the same series, and give people something to watch beyond what brought them to that video the first time.

Uncivilized Elk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I used to throw on a card for the preceding video in a playlist at the end of the video, but I've stopped doing that for some time now. Now I only include a card if I make a direct reference to something I discussed in a previous video.

I appreciate how simple they are though, certainly makes adding them easy. I still think they're somewhat intrusive and immersion-breaking though if they don't come in at a moment where you're mentioning what the card features. Main reason I stopped throwing them on, even if it was at the end.

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yep, they're very useful. They can also be used to make polls for your viewers, which can be very useful too. I currently use them about mid-way of the video, if the viewer is bored, they may see the card in the top right appear and click to watch another video to perhaps be entertained by that one instead. Very, very useful feature, I would definitely recommend.
It's basically an advanced annotation.
I haven't used the Poll option yet, have you got any polls on your videos? :D

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yep, the end of my Fallout 4 video in my signature :D
I just had a look there and voted using it :D Its pretty cool. ill need to add some to some of my videos :D

btw.. how did you get your video wen is in the small window to play with showing a time line to skip along into the video?