Just shared my channel with friends.. feeling nervous!

JoycelynsLife

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I know how you feel! I don't share my videos on my personal accounts on any social media because I have a lot of friends (and family too) there. I'd only send my videos to friends whom I'm quite close with and wouldn't mind them seeing.

Sharing on social media with friends following is definitely a good way to gain subscribers, views, support and feedback, however if you're like me, I would rather do it the "tougher" way to reach out to people.

TATWWK

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am in the same boat. The first time I uploaded video on FB I was expecting everyone to watch, subscribe to my channel and comment on the video. But apparently, that didn't happened and I felt disappointed. Some people do liked and commented on the FB post, I wanted to tell them comment and like on youtube but not over here. But I felt it will sound as if I desperate to grow my channel just out of the blue moon one day.

I think I will start posting about my videos and channel on FB only when I am not embarrassed anymore which is after gaining some credibility on the channel.

Itsvictorslife

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I know how you feel. I don't think anyone I know has any clue that I make youtube videos but I feel like I'll share my videos when they become more successful.[DOUBLEPOST=1496398633,1496397928][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have shared some of my videos on Facebook, and it has gotten some positive reviews, and I know some of my brothers has seen them as well, and they give constructive criticism!
You could get a good response and some constructive criticism. I you really care what people think, you shouldn´t post on Reddit!
Haha I post my videos on reddit sometimes and you're right, people on reddit can be harsh for no apparent reason.

ColdCoastGaming

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I mean i try to avoid facebook i don't really know how to share our channel there without looking needy :p

Good luck though! you'll get some honest feedback there is no need to be nervous this will likely help your channel and grab you a few subs. :)
I think what I'm gonna do is set up a separate Facebook page for my channel then get my friends who are interesting in gaming to like that page. That way I can promote it without spamming my personal account and irritating the crap outta my friends.

Also, it means I don't have to get rando's from out in the world finding me through my personal account - if someone likes/comments on a share on the fan page, people will find THAT page, and not my personal one.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think I've said this before, can't remember lol. Anyway, the more you treat your channel like a business, the more respect and understanding you'll get from those that wouldn't ordinarily understand what it is you do. I'm lucky I'm that my partner is very supportive of me, and she understands the work that goes into it.

If you find someone in your family is being difficult and abrasive about the whole thing. Sit them down and show them everything. How you edit, your schedule, your plans for videos, analytics, revenue streams and subscribers numbers. They will soon understand theta it's not just sitting on your backside doing nothing and mucking around with a camera.

Nathan Williams

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys,

So, today for the first time, I shared my channel on my personal facebook page and I've been feeling really nervous and really embarrassed (? for lack of a better word)...:cold:

I know I shouldn't care what people think and the people who have seen my videos have told me that they're really good and I have nothing to be embarrassed about, but I still feel nervous sharing my videos with people who know me for some reason. I'm dreading the day one of my friends or coworkers comes up to me and says "I checked out your videos". Any advice on how to get past this nervous, embarrassed feeling? Am I the only one who this was a difficult step for?

Thanks all!
I haven't shared my channel with any of my friends yet. At least you shared your channel on your personal Facebook page, I would never do that lol! I'm too nervous and scared what my friends might think.

P14

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's an insecurity about what your friends will think after seeing "another" side of your life. It'll probably just get you a bunch of active subs (or trolls) and good feedback, in reality it isn't too big a deal ;)

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just recently posted about my channel on my personal Facebook, I was a little nervous because everyone on that Facebook page are people I went to school and I was bullied when I was in school so I was afraid the people that bullied me would go on my channel to harasse me. they didn't instead they seen that I'm doing well with my channel now they want something to do with me, trying to make their own channel to see if they could make it to but it didn't work out for them so they asked me to promote them obviously I said no, I'm not going to let those people use me for subs after everything they put me through.

Pixel & Bracket

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Remember that one time back in school when you had a major project due and the world was closing in around you, the nerves you felt for a big presentation, how anxious you were to ask or be asked out?

Now remember how insignificant all of those moments feel now? And you wonder why you were ever so nervous?

That's what this is, it's another moment that your thoughts and anxieties are exaggerated and after a couple of months you'll wonder why you were ever so nervous.

It's going to be ok!

The Mach Project

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I've always been so shy and inteoverted and this is honestly the first time I've done something to come out of my shell and it can really get a little fruatrating and nerve-wracking sometimes, I guess that's also why I've had such a hard time sharing with people I know.
Introvert here too! Although YouTube allows you to do something on your own and away from other people, YouTube is a surprisingly very extroverted thing to participate in. You're showing your true self to the whole world out there, and that can make you feel quite vulnerable. It sure makes me feel vulnerable!

I just shared my YouTube channel over Facebook last week. My mouse was hovering over the Post button for a good several minutes before I finally clicked it! In the end, only a couple friends checked out my videos lol :bounce::crying: