Jake Paul seen with looters .........

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
“We were strictly documenting, not engaging,” Jake Paul says about recent Instagram videos that showed him and his photographer/videographer Andrew Blue present as a group of people smashed windows and looted items from stores in Arizona’s Scottsdale Fashion Square mall.

Here is a video of Jake Paul which appear to show him being directly involved:

But Jake Paul is now denying it:

Thoughts?

All the recent events have made me so sad lately... :( I understand why people are angry, and that whole event also makes me sad, but seeing all the businesses taking a second hit (after the COVID lockdown ruined so many...) like this makes me even more sad... I also understand that there's no "right" way to protest; the act of protesting is a push to change what we currently consider as "normal." Protesting will always seem "out of the norm," no matter how it's done. That said, I definitely am not one to join in on the more violent kinds of events we've seen recently in the USA. I have a hard time relating to the looters. What they are thinking when they join in on those more violent acts, or even those who just want to be there....? I feel scared for some of the news respondents who need to stay out all night following the violence.

All the recent events have made me so sad lately... :( I understand why people are angry, and that whole event also makes me sad, but seeing all the businesses taking a second hit (after the COVID lockdown ruined so many...) like this makes me even more sad... I also understand that there's no "right" way to protest; the act of protesting is a push to change what we currently consider as "normal." Protesting will always seem "out of the norm," no matter how it's done. That said, I definitely am not one to join in on the more violent kinds of events we've seen recently in the USA. I have a hard time relating to the looters. What they are thinking when they join in on those more violent acts, or even those who just want to be there....? I feel scared for some of the news respondents who need to stay out all night following the violence.

Yeah, it's crazy about what happened to George Floyd and I hope those cops are brought to justice.

Having said that, that in no way justifies all the violent protests and stealing. It seems their logic is - "Someone has been killed so I'm going to steal this TV" - WTF?

I'm also sick of seeing all the Social Justice Warriors and bullies on Social media who are calling out any white person who isn't publicly protesting or expressing outrage or explicitly saying "Black lives matter". Yes, I'm sure there was an element of racism in the guy's murder, but there was above all an abuse of power.

Check out all the abuse actress Emma Watson got from people because they considered she wasn't outraged enough on social media:

People just seem to love being offended about the stupidest of things and then telling everyone how offended they are. It's all just attention-seeking. LOOK AT ME! THIS OFFENDS ME! And don't get me started on people telling me that I have "white privilege" White heteresexual males are hated by today's society and have been for the last 10 years. We are apparently to blame for everything and are all "privileged". Sorry for the rant lol.

I hope those cops are brought to justice.
Today I learned that all of them have been arrested, so that's good! :)

"Someone has been killed so I'm going to steal this TV" - WTF?
I think that's how it looks on the surface... But if you think about it from a different perspective, I think it can make a little more sense: in a way, the cops have been stealing black people's lives for decades, so it shows the system is broken (or at least not set up to accommodate all people equally). If the system doesn't work to protect black people from being killed by the cops, why should it work to prevent the stores from being looted? At least, that's how I've been thinking about it... :( I still feel badly for the business owners. They are caught in the middle...

Check out all the abuse actress Emma Watson got from people because they considered she wasn't outraged enough on social media
It could be a country thing, too. I don't know where Emma Watson currently lives, but she did come from the UK initially. When I visited London, one of the first things I noticed was how there were a lot of black people walking around wearing sharp-looking business suits with fancy leather shoes and briefcases. Maybe it's London, maybe it's the UK, maybe it's a posh culture we don't have over here across the pond, maybe it was because I was paying more attention to stuff while browsing around in a foreign country, maybe it was because I was relaxing on vacation instead of distracted and rushing around for work, I dunno... But it was SO prevalent that I talked to my parents about it when I came back home. I almost NEVER see black people dressed like that in the USA (altho, I know they do exist! I just rarely get to see them.. :( ). It's easy to find white people dressed like that (and even Asian people dressed like that), and you can see some black people dressed like that on the TV as news anchors and entertainment hosts, but I almost never see them walking around in real life (at least in Denver...). I think I saw more black people in fancy business suits in the three days I was walking around London than I have in my entire life, including when I visited NYC in 2007......

I could be off the dot, but I tend associate fancy business suits with wealth and success. I was happy to see so many black people in London dressed like that, but, for me, it also amplified just how big the racism problem is in the USA. It makes me wonder: is it rare to see that because they can't get those jobs? Why can so many black people seem to have fancy jobs in London, but not in Denver? :( I'm sure there still has been race problems in the UK, but that experience made me think they were much further along a positive path than we were... :( It seems weird for me to think that considering how bloody and racist the Great British Empire's history is...

I'm not dinging British people for not speaking up or understanding because I suspect they live with a different cultural experience. Many Americans haven't been to London, tho, and probably assume everything is the same everywhere... I think there still is racism in all of these areas, but that people seem to have more oppression over here in the USA, at least from extrapolating assumptions based on how many black people I've seen in real life wearing fancy business suits...

Last edited:
Oh I completely agree.
I suspect you might enjoy Gerald Paushmann's channel.

Yeah, I like that he's calling out SJWs and snowflakes.

I blame social media for a lot of it. - It's a perfect platform for people to tell the world how outraged they are and how they're a victim of this, that and the other and how they deserve sympathy and attention. It's all virtue-signalling bs. You get the impression they're all competing for who can be the biggest victim.

It could be a country thing, too. I don't know where Emma Watson currently lives, but she did come from the UK initially. When I visited London, one of the first things I noticed was how there were a lot of black people walking around wearing sharp-looking business suits with fancy leather shoes and briefcases. Maybe it's London, maybe it's the UK, maybe it's a posh culture we don't have over here across the pond, maybe it was because I was paying more attention to stuff while browsing around in a foreign country, maybe it was because I was relaxing on vacation instead of distracted and rushing around for work, I dunno... But it was SO prevalent that I talked to my parents about it when I came back home. I almost NEVER see black people dressed like that in the USA (altho, I know they do exist! I just rarely get to see them.. :( ). It's easy to find white people dressed like that (and even Asian people dressed like that), and you can see some black people dressed like that on the TV as news anchors and entertainment hosts, but I almost never see them walking around in real life (at least in Denver...). I think I saw more black people in fancy business suits in the three days I was walking around London than I have in my entire life, including when I visited NYC in 2007......

Nobody should be getting called out for the killing of George Floyd except the people who killed him and their bosses. It's nothing to do with an actress!

I'm not a fan of her but she's getting called out for not being outraged enough on twitter! Others are getting angry at her because one of her tweets got 1 million likes and they feel it didn't deserve 1 million likes! So they're competing about virtual clicks on the interweb! The world has gone mad. Nobody should be getting called out for doing literally nothing. Some of the protest signs in London read "Silence = violence" - implying that unless someone is stamping their feet and posting clichés on twitter and lighting candles or whatever, they're somehow violent murderers?!!

People have been walking around and ordering white people to get down on one knee and apologize for their privilege! Check out this video:

I'm sick of this "white privilege" nonsense. I'm not going to apologise for the colour of my skin or for my current situation in life. I got a decent job because I got a decent degree. I got a decent degree because I worked hard at university. I got into university because I worked hard at school. Like really hard. That's not white privilege or any type of privilege. Nobody handed it to me on a plate. I went to normal (free) schools with people of all backgrounds. At each stage, there was a selection made based on merit - not skin colour or level of wealth.

I empathise with victims of real racism and I strongly condemn racism of all kinds but sweeping statements and accusations about "white privilege" is also racist.

When I left my job and set up my own company, I enquired if there were any government grants or tax breaks or training programs or anything that could help me succeed. I quickly found out that there is ZERO assistance for white heterosexual males. There were plenty of options for minorities though. So where is all this "white privilege" that everyone says I have?

At each stage, there was a selection made based on merit - not skin colour or level of wealth.
It might be like that over in the UK and Western Europe, but I think it's different over here. There have been studies that show there are more opportunities for white and Asian males (especially with stuff like job interviews and college admission boards), which lead to the concept of "Affirmative Action." Affirmative Action is when a university or employer accepts a certain percentage of minority groups into a program when they otherwise wouldn't make the cut against all the white male applicants as an attempt to increase diversity. Trying to answer the question of "why" there aren't enough qualified applicants in those minority groups is a complicated question. Many people think Affirmative Action is dumb since the people are perceived to be under-qualified.

Technically, I could have been thought of as an affirmative action candidate while applying to engineering schools. I thought I had earned the right grades and test scores, but there are only so many spots for students, and they could have easily picked another guy who had the same test scores and grades. I'm constantly wondering if I've made it to where I am because of being an affirmative action statistic, or whether I "earned it properly." Is there more of a privilege to be someone who can take advantage of affirmative action if the statistics haven't been met yet, or is it more of a privilege to be someone who doesn't need it (but could potentially be passed over for someone who does)? I still had to do all the work once I got my foot in the door, so hopefully it doesn't matter, but I do hope I didn't need it. I'll never know...

The last engineering place I worked at had about 50% female staff. I graduated with 6-8 (I can't remember how many...) other ladies and 80-ish guys, so I think there had to have been some statistical affirmative action incentive for the employer to get that many females in one engineering office... It makes me wonder how much society questions what abilities I can bring to the table while being female (but still white); it wouldn't surprise me if it were even more complicated for people of color. It's a really complicated and convoluted topic...

People have been walking around and ordering white people to get down on one knee and apologize for their privilege! Check out this video:
Okay..that was a bit much. If I were her, I would have first tried to run away. If that weren't a possibility, I would have done exactly what she did, but out of fear: just say what the guy wants to hear and get out of there ASAP. I feel bad for people being subject to racism, altho it wasn't too long ago that the Irish in America were dealing with similar issues:
no-irish-need-apply-new-york-daily-times-25-mar-1854.jpg

And more "no Irish need apply" ads....
AdsArrayed-1024x622.jpg

A cartoon titled, "The usual Irish way of doing things:"
TheUsualIrishWayofDoingThings_%28cr%29.jpg

:(
Some of my ancestors were Irish immigrants who dealt with that crap, and I feel lucky stuff has since then changed for the Irish. I think St. Paddy's Day helped. But it does show that there historically has been racism towards certain groups of white people (but also that it can change! :) ).

Anyway, I'm not sure where I'm going with this reply. I definitely understand where you are coming from, but I also see how society's depiction of certain groups of people put them at a disadvantage. It's 1 am and I'm tired, so I'll just click the "post reply" button lol. ^^

Last edited:
Anyway - police have officially charged him with the offences
YouTube star Jake Paul criminally charged by police after Arizona mall looting

lol good that he's been arrested and charged.

I wonder what (if anything) YT's reaction will be if he is found guilty?

He has history of doing stupid things on YouTube - He once went to a forest in Japan where it was well know people committed suicide and he actually filmed some of the corpses hanging from trees just to get clicks and attention. I think he lost monetization for a while but his channel wasn't terminated. I hope this time, they terminate his account (if found guilty, of course)

It might be like that over in the UK and Western Europe, but I think it's different over here. There have been studies that show there are more opportunities for white and Asian males (especially with stuff like job interviews and college admission boards), which lead to the concept of "Affirmative Action." Affirmative Action is when a university or employer accepts a certain percentage of minority groups into a program when they otherwise wouldn't make the cut against all the white male applicants as an attempt to increase diversity. Trying to answer the question of "why" there aren't enough qualified applicants in those minority groups is a complicated question. Many people think Affirmative Action is dumb since the people are perceived to be under-qualified.

I think to get to the root of the problem, positive action needs to be taken at an early age. I do feel that "affirmative action" (aka postive discrimination) at the interview stage for a job is too late. That somehow implies that the applicants aren't qualified or experienced enough. I think that's the problem that should be addressed. Why aren't they qualified enough? If it's because their grades weren't very high, then that's what needs to be addressed at an earlier age. I hate to generalise, but I'm pretty sure it all comes down to having a stable childhood with parents who care. That is the foundation.

I studied IT at university. In the first year, there were probably 15 guys and 6 girls. By the second year, there was only one girl left and probably only 10 guys left. By their own admission, the girls just didn't "get" programming. It was their choice to leave the course for something else. Some of them were also on the course because they had been badly advised I think. The guys who left hated it too btw! The one girl that was left was super smart and a very good programmer. I think it's important that people do stuff they're good at and interested in.

Okay..that was a bit much. If I were her, I would have first tried to run away. If that weren't a possibility, I would have done exactly what she did, but out of fear: just say what the guy wants to hear and get out of there ASAP

The guy fiming her is a coward. He films her face but doesn't show his own. He puts her on the spot. If she complies, people criticise her for being weak and she feels humiliated. If she doesn't comply, people criticise her for being racist. Either way, he's definitely going to upload the video to the internet and she knows it. It's a disgusting act of bullying. The BLM claims they're trying to stop racism, but all they're doing is adding fuel to the fire. I agree with the objectives of reducing racism but I don't agree with their methods.

Some of my ancestors were Irish immigrants who dealt with that crap, and I feel lucky stuff has since then changed for the Irish. I think St. Paddy's Day helped. But it does show that there historically has been racism towards certain groups of white people (but also that it can change! :) ).

Those anti-Irish ads are scary. That'd be illegal today, obviously, so we have made some progress at least. My grandma was Irish but I've never experienced or seen racism against the Irish. The Irish always seem to be very popular people wherever I go. :)

I also see how society's depiction of certain groups of people put them at a disadvantage.

I agree. I was thinking more of this last night. I think there is a lot of prejudice in situations like looking for an apartment to rent and that sort of thing. That is wrong and needs to change.

I think what I was trying to express was "Yes, there is a problem with racism but not all white people are racist." :)

Back