is twitter good to get some traffic? And how can i use it?

Justine

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I've been using Twitter for a bit and I mostly just use it to post updates on new videos, polls about what to record next, and interact with the people I follow/who follow me! I occasionally get RT's on posts about a new video, but tags really help get it noticed too! If you do #smallchannel you'll get other small channels to like and maybe check out your channel!

BeanTubes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I get most my views from facebook but I am trying to build up my twitter as well

I think twitter us create for interaction when you have a following to interact with your tweets. I prefer twitter as a social network

However facebook got me most of my views even when I wasnt very active on there... now I concentrate on facebook

The main point is to interact with others (without mentioning your videos)

I see a lot of people having twitter and only posting their video links

Make sure you promote 20% of the time and 70% something else
Hello,
Do you have a Facebook page or do you use a personal Facebook account? I tried using a Facebook page with little success. My instagram and twitter are always popping but I have never really known how to grow a Facebook page. Do you have any suggestions? Feel free to direct message me.

Thankyou in advance

Jamie

Marseekuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I'm using Twitter for a couple of months now and I'm not really succesfull. But I did see some good advices here. I probably promote too much :) However, I have a Facebook page and I'm the most succesfull there. I have more followers on Facebook than on Youtube (subscribers). It's great cause you can actually invite friends to like it and it's the easiest way to get likes. Like, if I could do that on Youtube it would be much easier. :)

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello,
Do you have a Facebook page or do you use a personal Facebook account? I tried using a Facebook page with little success. My instagram and twitter are always popping but I have never really known how to grow a Facebook page. Do you have any suggestions? Feel free to direct message me.

Thankyou in advance

Jamie

I do have a facebook page but I think most my traffic comes from facebook groups directed to youtube and my content.

I also have a instagram and a twitter but my traffic comes from facebook and second rank is yttalk and only 7% from twitter

Reactions: BeanTubes

HearingMind

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've been using Twitter for a bit and I mostly just use it to post updates on new videos, polls about what to record next, and interact with the people I follow/who follow me! I occasionally get RT's on posts about a new video, but tags really help get it noticed too! If you do #smallchannel you'll get other small channels to like and maybe check out your channel!
so i can just use that tag if i share my videos and it will appear in that group i suppose?

I'm using Twitter for a couple of months now and I'm not really succesfull. But I did see some good advices here. I probably promote too much :) However, I have a Facebook page and I'm the most succesfull there. I have more followers on Facebook than on Youtube (subscribers). It's great cause you can actually invite friends to like it and it's the easiest way to get likes. Like, if I could do that on Youtube it would be much easier. :)
how do you grow up your facebook page? i have mine for like 6 months ago and didn't grow up

WebSam

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Twitter can work, but the trick with it and other social networks is to make sure you are interacting with people, especially like-minded people that share the same interests, if you are just broadcasting stuff all the time, with new updates and look at me, look at me, then there really isn't a point to it.

I see that with a lot of people that podcast, they are always sharing their latest episodes, but are hardly ever interacting with people, you need to break through the noise, make connections, have the conversations and then people are more likely to look and share your content.

ShireenPlaysYT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Interaction is how you "win" at using Twitter to advertise your videos - You can post your videos as you wish but you need to make sure that you're showing your audience who you really are.

Here are a few things that I've found that helps:
- Create polls and relate them / use them as a source for your videos (I've done that a lot and it really helps)
- Follow and interact YouTubers that you are already subscribed to (tweet @ them, RT their tweets) - don't just follow random accounts, that won't get you anywhere.
- Instead of just posting your videos, try and give you videos a caption, attach a picture of your thumbnail and add an emoji at the end of your tweet

Don't forget to just be yourself and don't be inappropriate.

Beneviolant

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So, I am extremely new to Twitter. As in, I just made an account a week ago new. But key to any social media is INTERACTION. Don't make a account and wait for people to find you. That isn't how it works. Find groups that can help you, such as @RTsmallyoutubers, they Retweet videos of small Youtubers. Also, involve yourself in other peoples communities. Comment, retweet, contribute. That is how people will find you.
thank you sooo much, that actually helps :)

Reactions: Dutchie Abroad

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Twitter or Reddit I would sau REDDIT for sure. I have a twitter account too but reddit works best with (it does with my videos anyways). I think reddit is the very best way to promote videos and I always new subs posting on reddit. The only thing about it is that you can expect some s****y comments, but if you are fine with that reddit is the best:up2:

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Twitter works very good for me. I don't need to post separately to it or spent additional effort. YouTube has the option to tweet when you publish new video. This is a golden feature. While I don't have that many followers on Twitter, sometimes the tweets are retweeted, liked or getting replies by popular brands and personalities (more popular than me). Then the videos get spikes in views from really interested people. Additionally sometimes people with connected YouTube and Twitter accounts like my videos. YouTube automatically tweets that they liked a video that I shared previously on Twitter, so I get additional tweets of my videos from people that like them, spreading them even further.