Is this possible?

Daaave

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hallo YT Talk, having a bit of a dilemma.
I made my youtube channel about three weeks ago and have had lots of fun recording and edtiting videos. now that I have a better sense of making videos, I think it's time to identify my 'niche' per-say.
I'm just not sure what I should stick to!
I like making little comedy/ blog type videos, but I also like playing games. Is there anyway I can market / balance these two ideas?

oscarsobs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Firstly, it's great for you to have many interests - it means lots of people can subscribe to your channel.
You're playing the "youtube game" well. Just create a schedule, make one of each of those type of videos in equal quantities and you'll grow easily.

Daaave

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Ah, I see, so it's perfectly possible to balance out my people type videos with my gaming ones? Would you suggest a 50/50 split or...?

oscarsobs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
If you're equally interested in both styles, do 50/50, if you're more interested in gaming than vlogs, then do maybe a 70/30 split, but make sure you make both types of videos on a regular basis consistently.

Daaave

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think whilst I like gaming, when it comes to making videos I'm more interested in making the blog/skit type of videos, they're just more interesting to produce for me.

oscarsobs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Ah, okay. You can do a 70/30 or 60/40 split that way, then.

Also, make sure that whatever you do, you have fun making it! And don't try to be someone else.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I read a discussion about having two channels, if you feel you are up to it, and if you feel it´s worth it, you might have one channel for gaming and one for comedy/vlogs.

Daaave

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I thought about that, but because I'm so small I would it be worth my time? (atm)

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
they can work together great! if you make your cam a big part of your gaming videos (cutting to reactions, etc.) then its not so different to have a video with just you and the camera. I think 50/50 would be fine, but you can always do more of the one you prefer

Daaave

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yesss, I hope to show my reactive side soon enough :) (nice to sit another brit btw, love your poke'mon videos, so accurate)
SO it would be ok to continue making my little skit/blog videos and play games?

Reactions: Lightsen